why do apps and games want to have acess to my phone calls and sms'?

EliteShadow

Reaction score
Well lots of apps these days say in the permission thing when I go to install apps it says that it will acess my text messages and it says it will read my phone calls. Why is this?! I tried to install Angry Birds space and I saw it had these things in the permissions! And the people who made angry birds space are a top developer. How is this? Why does Google not check these things? Please help me guys!
Thanks! :)
-Elite Shadow

mamawm

Reaction score
angry birds doesn't actually access you phone calls but rather the dialer, so that they can prevent the screen from going to sleep while you are playing but also so that they can permit phone calls to overide the game if you receive a call while playing. when installing a new app and reading thru the permission list, you really need to be able to read between the lines sometimes.

OP
E

EliteShadow

Reaction score
I see. But what about other apps not just angry birds. There themes and other stuff that have that permission. It also has a sms permission. And on the phone permission it says it wants to state my identity. Why would a game or a browser or what ever want to do that?
Thanks!

-Elite