Why can't we log into facebook today while tethering

djgdroid

Reaction score
My wife and I are out of town and so far, we have not been able to log into facebook, myspace or our MSN email. We both have HTC Droid Incredibles and they for the last couple of weeks we have been able to tether our laptops and log into facebook and the other sites but not now. We can get on the internet and we can get onto our facebook on the incredible but not while tethering on our laptops.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that I need to set or something?

Any help would be really appreciated.

OP
djgdroid

djgdroid

Reaction score
I resolved the issue and figured I'd post the solution so if anyone else had the same problem they could find the answer.

The whole issue was that I was tethering using the free version of easy tether which doesn't support https (secure) websites. So I figured it would be worth it to purchase the one time price of $9.99 and get the full version. That's all I needed to do. The free version is a great deal and works on all websites except the secured ones, but now I'm setup for anything. Hope this helps someone else.

eliassami5

Reaction score
what app are you using to tether? PDAnet dosent allow you to access protected sites unless you pay for the full version.