Why cant we have a better facebook app?

rsarno

Reaction score
I never used FB at all, until i got my iphone ... the FB app on that platform was so perfect, it got me addicted within days!

Then i went to Blackberry, and the app SUCKKKSSSS!!! So i stopped using it, and got used to using just the mobile site from bookmarks.

I briefly played with the droid version, and felt the same way .. while it was better than the BB app, it was nowhere near as good as the iphone app.

So whats the deal?? Is it a closed API that developers cant just make their own version of it and sell it? Why wouldnt FB themselves want to put out a top-notch app to bring more users? (or keep more users addicted)

thanks, just something thats been bugging me.

orangepeel

Reaction score
I'm not sure either. I'm not a big facebook user, but it does look much better when I view it on my ipod touch.

I'm sure Android will catch up with Apple soon,but it's going to take some time.

searayman

Reaction score
well i dont think Facebook and Google get alogn exactley since they are competitors. So I think the official facebook app may nto be worked on that much. Apple is not competing with facebook so maybe thats why they got a better one. Just a hunch.

aDroidman

Reaction score
well i dont think Facebook and Google get alogn exactley since they are competitors. So I think the official facebook app may nto be worked on that much. Apple is not competing with facebook so maybe thats why they got a better one. Just a hunch.

This is spot on. And if you think that we can make a better one from the developer tools and programs for Android apps im sorry we cant. Facebook is a secure site and the amount of info that you would need to make a better one makes a security risk for Facebook. If Facebook is at a security risk then our personal info is at a security risk.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
I personally love the Facebook app compared to BB's FB app. BB's FB app bugged the hell out of you. This one does the basics and I like it. If you're a heavy FB user though this app sucks.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score

I dont believe they are competing with Blackberry, or are they? And that app still sucks big donkey stones lol