Why can't i receive calls when I am writing a text message or reading a text message?

carriemn

Reaction score
My old phone- the LG Env Touch - allowed this... This is rather annoying. Also, if I am on the internet- it also does not put calls through. Is this just a default in my phone or is this the way it is. This is a huge drawback to the phone.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't be on the internet while talking on the phone like you can on an iPhone...

But texting and receiving a call shouldn't be an issue at all....sounds like a personal problem....lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I get a call no matter what I'm doing the Droid navigates right to the call. Something isn't right here. I'd discuss that with Verizon if I were you.

lovekmats

Reaction score
My previous phone was the enV, and I wasn't able to receive calls during a text unless it was the person I was texting (not really sure how that worked), but for the Droid, my calls always come through. :/ Odd

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're on wifi you can do this. If your on 3G you can't.

OP
C

carriemn

Reaction score
Hmmm....i'll have to have to stop into Verizon...

SGTiger

Reaction score
My old phone- the LG Env Touch - allowed this... This is rather annoying. Also, if I am on the internet- it also does not put calls through. Is this just a default in my phone or is this the way it is. This is a huge drawback to the phone.

If you're browsing the internet, Droid WILL put the call through.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes you're completely correct about this....what I was saying was you can't be talking to someone and put them on speaker and just hop right on and browse the internet while talking to them like the iPhone can...

OP
C

carriemn

Reaction score
Well my phone does not put a call through no matter what I am doing. So, obviously there is something wrong...

skiahh

Reaction score

Yes you're completely correct about this....what I was saying was you can't be talking to someone and put them on speaker and just hop right on and browse the internet while talking to them like the iPhone can...

Unless you are browsing via wifi (vs 3G)

Vizthewiz

Reaction score
Well my phone does not put a call through no matter what I am doing. So, obviously there is something wrong...

Just as other people have mentioned previously in this thread; I'd also have to recommend going into or at least calling your local Verizon store. Receiving a phone call should override what you're doing at any given time.

BradDroid

Reaction score
You can't be on the internet while talking on the phone like you can on an iPhone...

Partially correct. On AT&T you must also have 3G to accomplish this. And, *clears throat, we know how widespread that coverage is. :icon_ devil:

When I get a call no matter what I'm doing the Droid navigates right to the call. Something isn't right here. I'd discuss that with Verizon if I were you.

+2 Same here.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you're on wifi you can do this. If your on 3G you can't.

Er.

Text uses 1X network, aka voice. Not 3G. 3G has nothing to do with texting while talking, which is possible, yes. So is getting a call mid-text.

So in summary, SMS does not use 3G or wifi.

Last edited: