incoming calls and messages not coming in

addymom

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 (but this same problem existed with my lg dare - which is why I purchased a new phone) if my phone sits unused for a long period of time my calls won't come in and neither will text or voice messages. if i unlock the screen to make a call or send a text i will start receiving text messages or notification of voice mails but no missed calls are indicated. Verizon swears its a faulty device, even though this was happening with my lg dare as well. Any ideas or suggestions??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
did you mention it was happening with your lg dare?

try updating your capabilities by dialing *228 and option 2

OP
A

addymom

Reaction score
yes, it started with my lg dare back in march or april and continued intermittently until I decided it was time to upgrade my 2 1/2 year old phone, but just days after I received my droid 2 it happened again. Verizon started a trouble ticket and resolved it saying it was a faulty device.

OP
A

addymom

Reaction score
the different (4 of them so far) tech support personnel have had me do the *228 but with the option 1. I did just do the *228 with option 2 though, I'm willing to try just about anything. Thanks!

StarX

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with my Droid 2. Tech Support has already sent me one replacement phone but that did not help at all. I did read another forum that said it did help when Tech Support reset the switch for their phone number (see quote below). I am trying to get Verizon to do this now.

"They flashed (reset) the switch that is assocaited with my phone number. Once they did that, it all but stopped happening. It's happened maybe 3 timesin the last 4 months. You might request that they reset the switch attached to your phone number. it might help solve the problem."