Why are some apps/games not in the market???

jrl9851

Reaction score
There are tons of games out there that I didn't even know we had. One example is the shooter game NOVA. A friend of mine (iphone user) asked me a couple weeks ago if android had anything like nova, and I said nope. But I find out today that Android has NOVA and a ton of other awesome games, but you can only get them from a website.

Why aren't these in the market? Doesn't make sense. No wonder android gets bashed for not having games; no one knows they are here when they actually are lol. :icon_evil:

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
No, it has nothing to do with a market fix. The devs just haven't actually added apps to the market.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Google checkout only allows certain countries to get money on their apps. If you aren't in that small list of countries (I think it is something like 20 countries), then you can't sell an app on the market. You can sell it through paypal or various other checkouts though possibly. Launcherpro + is like that, Titanium Backup is like that, quite a few others that are like that. I assume that is why certain games haven't made it onto the market.