Why are droid games so ugly?

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
The Droid, unlike the iPhone, is not the only phone to run the Android operating system. There are other, less powerful phones, that game and app devs have to think about. There are some games specifically made for the Droid, and give it time, more will come out.

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
another thing to look at is the app size. Real Racing on the ipod is 60 megs in size. Until google lets us save apps to the sd card no dev will make a game that big. I'm hoping by next fall android will have better looking games as Droid and Nexus keep selling.

NVash

Reaction score
Wouldnt a game like that be too small for the screen? But if we can get Sam & Max, I want the old and new versions plus all three Gabriel Knight games.

ttaylor0024

Reaction score
I would love to see a BF2 like game come out for the Droid, that would be fun, either single player, or multi player.

I think the games are going to improve exponentially for the Droid, and I don't think it's going to take very long, either. I would imagine that the games that become available by summer will be well ahead of what's out there now. As developers discover more about the Droid's capabilities, they will optimize games to the hardware that is in the device.
Just look at Raging Thunder 2 on youtube. That looks AMAZING!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did iPhone users complain about the lack of quality games when it was first introduced too?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully Google's Free Nexus one or Droid promotion for Game developer that attend that game developing conference will improve our game selection.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont think that flash will be implemented in game programing it will just be used by internet. we have just java apps on android cydet yes. but not normal ones, they can use the linux library from android so they can be much more complexe. and we already have some good games and more too come just look at my thread :).