Who will downgrade my PS3 Phat...any offers?

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Im not even sure if Im allowed ask about this or not, but if not, a mod will tell me. lol

Im looking to have my PS3 Phat (on OFW 4.00), downgraded to 3.55 OFW. Its a PS2 compatibile system. This is a CECHE01 model, so it has NAND memory, not NOR.

Im ONLY looking for a trustworthy, capable person, to do the downgrade for me. I will of course pay you for your time. I have had offers to do the downgrade in the $50 to $60 range, so you will have to be better than that if you want my money. lol

Im not looking to use my ROM DEV status as leverage for a cheaper price. I dont expect to be treated any differently than anyone else. You do the work, you get paid, thats fair. :-D

BUT, be aware, that if you destroy my PS3, you will have to replace it, at your expense, so PLEASE know what your doing, and have some experience.

DONT post prices in this thread, just send me a PM. I dont want people fighting over who has the lower price. Lets all be adults about this, please.

lfylove

Reaction score
I think its just two files on a flash drive to downgrade..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
No, thats if your already on 3.55 OFW/CFW or lower. Anything after that requires a ProgSkeet, or an E3 (for NOR hardware), to do the downgrade. If it were two files and a flash drive, I would have done it a million times over by now. lol I wish, but nobody wants to make any progress on the 4.00 jailbreak that KaKoRoTo is working on. I would prefer to have 3.55 CFW anyway. I like the Rebug and Kmeaw CFW's. I have a guy that said he would do it, but every time I ask him about it, he keeps finding an excuse why he cant (or wont I think). I dont have enough money in donations from my ROMs to be able to afford the ProgSkeet myself quite yet, or I would just do it myself. I figure that would be a great learning tool too. ;)

lfylove

Reaction score
No, thats if your already on 3.55 OFW/CFW or lower. Anything after that requires a ProgSkeet, or an E3 (for NOR hardware), to do the downgrade. If it were two files and a flash drive, I would have done it a million times over by now. lol I wish, but nobody wants to make any progress on the 4.00 jailbreak that KaKoRoTo is working on. I would prefer to have 3.55 CFW anyway. I like the Rebug and Kmeaw CFW's. I have a guy that said he would do it, but every time I ask him about it, he keeps finding an excuse why he cant (or wont I think). I dont have enough money in donations from my ROMs to be able to afford the ProgSkeet myself quite yet, or I would just do it myself. I figure that would be a great learning tool too. ;)

Idk I only mess with my xbox. And all that only cost like 30... so point is get an Xbox! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to how to do this? Only thing I was aware of was E3 hardware, and don't know if it works on 4.0 or later.

I want to do this. Did some DirecTV NFL Ticket this year and so have to do the upgrades. Not sure what I'm on now, but I just want Linux on my PS3 so I can use it as a server to back stuff up.

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
dont have the progskeet or the e3 flasher yet but I'm definitely getting one soon so I can get messing with my slim ps3. I have a friend with a busted blu-ray drive too so I could probably use that as a test subject to start when I do get one so I'll check back here once I do. unlocking my wii was the greatest thing I could have done for myself so doing the same to my ps3 would be sick.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I put a 250gig hard drive from a busted laptop into my PS3 and wanted to use it to back-up my newer laptop. Would also be nice to run linux so I can get a real browser on there and then watch HBO Go or some XFinity stuff on my big screen thru my PS3.

Back-up over home wifi might be slow, but just start it and then forget about it for 8-10 hours and it's a "cheap" and easy solution.

I don't play games or go online, my PS3 is more or less a glorified Blu-ray player that I got several years ago when my DVD player died. I did some NFL Sunday Ticket on it this year, and that's the only thing that preventing future updates might block me from doing.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Downgrading? Why, unless you have a new ps3 and want to downgrade to play ps2 games then that makes sense. Just go to internet and browse for one of the first versions before 2009.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

robert70

Reaction score
Personaly I wouldn't touch your ps3 after you said that, being my responsibility to replace if something goes wrong, I certainly wouldn't blame you if something went wrong with one of your roms while rooting, you mod or have your stuff modded at your own risk period.