Replacement or what?

121zla

Reaction score
Ok so im on my 3rd D3 and i like the phone but i am having some problems with it. the first time it kept shutting off on me like every 5 minutes. the second time the screen stopped working. and now it is shutting off again but only like once a day but its becoming more and more each day. i spoke with customer service today and i got told to do a factory reset i did and it just shut off on me again. the guy said the next step would be to get a new battery, then if that didnt work we would have to look into replaceing the phone. i DO NOT want to downgrade obviously. so my first question is what phones could i possibly get and i am willing to fight if i need to, i pay 200 bucks a month and am sick of a phone that doesnt work. i dont need a physical keyboard but i do need a front facing camera and i would like to stick with the dual core. i would go with x2 but theres no front facing camera so i cant. would it be possible for an upgrade or am i insane to think that? haha or should i just keep sending this phone back until i get a good one? idt i will since they dont even make them new anymore. i just want a phone with front facing camera that works and isnt a downgrade.

thank you for any help in advance!!

doogald

Reaction score
It does sound like you may have a battery problem, actually.

There are great dual-core phones with FF cameras. Galaxy Nexus, Bionic, Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid 4. The Incredible 2 is single-core but is also a world phone and HTC has definitely promised an ICS upgrade, if that's important (plus it has 768 MB of RAM vs. 512 for the D3, though you'll need an SD card - it has only 1 MB of storage.) Good luck with that.

OP
121zla

121zla

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. But say I get the new battery and it still has a problem, could I possible upgrade to one of the phones you mentioned with either a early upgrade or just free? There's a guy on here I just read about that got the galaxy nexus and a few others that got upgraded.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rygaul44

Reaction score
I myself am wondering the same thing, yesterday I called Verizon and they are sending me my 5th! Droid 3, now how many replacements can I get, I don't care if I have to renew my contract and pay money to upgrade, I just don't want to be stuck with this phone for another year and a half! And I certainly do not want to pay full price for a new phone, you would think that this proves that the Droid 3 although it had so much potential is a dud of a phone.