Who uses Otterbox case?

dme111

Reaction score
Hello,

i just got the Incredible, i got the combo pack at verizon, case, holder, navigation/holder for car use, and two chargers.

i jumped the gun on cases i got this kind-http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?divid=HTC&model=HTC+DROID+Incredible+PB31200&cat=Cases&skuno=88110

now looking at other caes i wise i got something alittle more thick, i do drop my phones often and im not used to having a smart phone, had the boulder before.

does anyone use this OTTERBOX case, i know otterbox is a pretty good company.
OtterBox Commuter Series Case - Black For HTC, HTC DROID Incredible PB31200 - Cases - Fommy.com

thanks
dme

mbray94

Reaction score
I use the otterbox commuter. It is not too thick and not too thin. I drop my phone daily and my phone is flawless. I had one on my iPhone for 2 years. It saved it numerous times. I love it on my incredible. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
D

dme111

Reaction score
thank you for the reply. i just orderd the defender.

texasPI

Reaction score
I have the Defender and I'm just not too happy with it. I may exchange it for the Commuter. On the Defender I have now, the phone rattles a little bit inside the case. I placed a business card between the back of the phone and the case and this pretty much took care of the rattle. One of the locking tabs on the case does not engage properly and is made worse by having the business card in the mix. Lastly, the membrane aka built in screen protector does not lay flat on the display. What I mean is, the cut out for the optical joystick has a pretty decent gap that allows dust and other crap to get in between the case and the phone thereby making it necessary to occasionally take the case apart to clean. Which is not too bad but given the flaky locking tab I already have it makes me wonder how long I can continue taking it apart before it doesn't lock together anymore.

Also, I wish the port covers were like those on the commuter case. If you look at the headphone and charging port covers on the Commuter and the Defender, I think the ones on the Commuter are easier to use as they open away or toward the back of the phone. The holster that comes with the Defender also serves as a kind of dock on a table etc but it is kind of pointless to me because you need to orientate the incredible with the charging port down since the movie app does not rotate if you flip the phone to have the charging port available for the A/V cable or charger.

barbee

Reaction score
I just received the defender in the mail today and I really like it a lot. Yes if you shake the case the phone moves 1/8mm but its not noticeable otherwise. I feel like it offers great drop protection.
Also, the screen protector doesn't stick to the screen so you don't get any air bubbles. Also it does add quite a bit of bulk to the phone but not too much. I like thicker phones though.
Overall, with my short use I would recommend it.

v1ral

Reaction score
Just got a commuter and it's good.
feels much sturdier.
v1ral

1984blazerboy

Reaction score
If anyone could take some measurements on their defender and post them that would be cool, as I am interested in a hard case for my incredible just still not sure which one to get. I am also looking at the seidio rugged, and the trident kraken. Any thoughts, opinions, or measurements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hgillon

Reaction score
I use the defender and really like it. The only problem is that it does get dirt and another grime inside the case and I can't figure out how to clean it well. Any ideas?

lenardroid

Reaction score
I'm currently into commuter today.why not check the trident kraken case for a change.:)