Who offers good insurance OUTSIDE of Verizon?

jodyberry

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Droid X outside of Verizon and would still like to get some phone insurance.

Since I can't get Verizon's insurance, can anyone recommend a reliable outside company?

I've seen a few that are about $50/year with $50 deductible, but I don't know their reliability.

Thanks all...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If the phone is NEW and less than 90 days old, Square Trade offers a VERY nice package, but it's $200 up-front. SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative

There's also Ensquared Buy & Compare Phone Insurance iPhone Insurance Cell Phone Insurance -- as a supporting vendor it would be remiss of me not to mention them. :)

Ensquared-Insurance_26.jpg
Ensquared-Insurance_29.jpg

OP
J

jodyberry

Reaction score
Thanks furbearing!

@nerdslogic It needs to be OUTSIDE of Verizon.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
If the phone is NEW and less than 90 days old, Square Trade offers a VERY nice package, but it's $200 up-front. SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative

There's also Ensquared Buy & Compare Phone Insurance iPhone Insurance Cell Phone Insurance -- as a supporting vendor it would be remiss of me not to mention them. :)

SquareTrade is $99 for 2 years for premium smartphones. You can also sometimes find 30% off coupons for SquareTrade.

Cell Phone Insurance Alternative | Cellphone Insurance Alternative | Cell Phone Warranty | Cellphone Warranty | SquareTrade Warranties

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Good to see they finally cut the price. Bad that it took them a bleeding year to do it.
:cus::cus::cus::cus::icon_cussing:

:icon_censored:

I'm going to be over there, swearing till my tongue turns purple.

OP
J

jodyberry

Reaction score
I checked these and they seem to need a receipt of purchase. I got mine from a guy on Craigslist. Are there insurance companies that can help me??

Thanks all...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use asurion....$5.99/mo $50 Deductible...

Yes $50
insurance.jpg

csimo

Reaction score
If you don't use Verizon (highest price) then the top two options are Square Trade and Worth Ave. Group.

Worth Avenue covers just about everything and pays you CASH not refurbished phones, etc. Get iPhone Insurance and laptop insurance with a Worth Ave Group Insurance Policy

-Joe

Thanks! Do either of these require a receipt?

I use Worth Ave. and they've never asked me for a receipt. I had one claim with them a couple of years ago and it went great.

They would probably ask you for a receipt if you got a policy today and had a claim very quick.

-Joe

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I got a Square Trade warranty for my Nook color. They didn't require a receipt when I got the warranty, but they will require it if I file a claim. I emailed them my receipt so that I won't have to find it if I file a claim. Assurion won't require a receipt if you bought the phone from Verizon, as they have it electronically from Verizon when you signed up for the warranty at Verizon. I would expect that any warranty company would require a receipt when a claim is filed.

stilh2omom

Reaction score
Transfer Warranty

Square trade says you can transfer your warranty for free? Does anyone know what exactly that means? I recently bought Inc2's for myself and two kids. I was told by Verizon that I could just buy one insurance plan and have it for all three phones. Is that transferring the warranty? Would other companies allow this?