Which stock apps and system files are safe to freeze or uninstall?

NatesDroidX

Reaction score
Im sure there is a thread for this but I couldn't find it. So, im using titanium backup to remove stock apps and system files. Does anyone have a list of apps that can be frozen or uninstalled? Thank you!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
I wouldn't uninstall anything. Just freeze them to avoid problems like random reboots and frozen screens. Things I would freeze :backup asistant, those games that were installed when you do the 2.3.240 update. There's a forum here that talks about this.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Go to filters and just start going through one-by-one freezing those you believe should be.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

I wouldn't uninstall anything. Just freeze them to avoid problems like random reboots and frozen screens. Things I would freeze :backup asistant, those games that were installed when you do the 2.3.240 update. There's a forum here that talks about this.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

DroidForums Junkie!!

jogutier

Reaction score
Im sure there is a thread for this but I couldn't find it. So, im using titanium backup to remove stock apps and system files. Does anyone have a list of apps that can be frozen or uninstalled? Thank you!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ok so im rooted, and After deleting an pre installed app. It reappears. What the heck. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DON'T remove them, freeze or rename them!

DroidForums Junkie!!

jogutier

Reaction score
I've deleted them before it it was fine, b

jogutier

Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

I've deleted before n it was fine. But after the dl09 update I had to re root my phone n now the preloaded apps aren't deleting. Also, I don't know what u mean by freezing them. Sorry

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Apparently...

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"Freezing" is done with Titanium Backup Pro. The apps will no longer run but are still on the phone.
"Renaming" is done with Root Explorer by changing the extension of the app from "blahblah.apk" to "blahblah.apk.bak" and rebooting.
You may uninstall some and be fine but, what if you delete one that messes something up or the wrong one? Freezing or renaming is MUCH safer :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

I've deleted before n it was fine. But after the dl09 update I had to re root my phone n now the preloaded apps aren't deleting. Also, I don't know what u mean by freezing them. Sorry

DroidForums Junkie!!

jogutier

Reaction score
Ok, so if I did want to delete. How would I go about. Can't find the last post that walked me thru the last one. Thanks for thw last response

MonKENy

Reaction score
Ok, so if I did want to delete. How would I go about. Can't find the last post that walked me thru the last one. Thanks for thw last response

Why would you want to delete after everyone on here has said its a bad idea?

Anyway lets put it this way.. uhhh you cant delete those programs. no program will let you, yeah thats it. So I guess you will just have to take everyones advice here and freeze or rename them.

jogutier

Reaction score
The vig problem is that I can't even edit them. It just keeps changing nqck to normal. O well