which phone should i get pat(I lost track now)

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Well to refresh I had the droid for a while (bought it for $300 on ebay). Then I got the thunderbolt which has lasted me 18 months now. I keep trying to upgrade but having to return the phone because I keep comparing them to the thunderbolt. For all of it's flaws so far I can't find a phone that matches it or is better than it.

Ok the question is:
What phone is as good or better than the thunderbolt. Has to have good radio, good battery, be durable, be reliable, be upgradable for the next 18 months if not longer.
Nexus had to be returned because of echo issues during phone calls, dropped data, and poor battery life.
I want to upgrade but it has to meet the above criteria and not be too pricey.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Might want to give the Razr lineup a try. Strong radios, extremely durable, and "good to great" battery life depending on which one you get.

Sorry the Nexus didn't work out for ya and the advice we gave, but you gave it a shot.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
If it wasnt for the battery life and radio I'd still have the nexus. Which one of the razrs is better? I know the Maxx Hd but don't want to spend $300. Plus my upgrade got pushed back to november again.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Pretty sure the original razr and razr maxx can be found for a pretty fair price now that the HD versions of each are released. Just take a look at Swappa or craigslist.

The Rezound is a great phone as well and I've heard good things about the Incredible 4g

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I have the Bionic and SG III ... I love them both, battery life is so much better then the Bionic. All's I can say I love them both, but you will be hard pressed if you wanna Bionic..

Natey2

Reaction score
How do you switch between different phones on a CDMA Carrier like Verizon?
With a GSM Carrier like AT&T, you simply move a SIM card between unlocked phones.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Another thing is how much can i get for my thunderbolt? It has the extended battery. It has a few nicks but glass is like new. That will be a deciding factor in which phone I get if I decide not to upgrade through verizon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How do you switch between different phones on a CDMA Carrier like Verizon?
With a GSM Carrier like AT&T, you simply move a SIM card between unlocked phones.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
You call or go into a Verizon store for it to be activated. Popping in a SIM card into a Verizon 4g phone just won't do. So just one extra step.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another thing is how much can i get for my thunderbolt? It has the extended battery. It has a few nicks but glass is like new. That will be a deciding factor in which phone I get if I decide not to upgrade through verizon.
Check out swappa, craigslist, or ebay to compare prices to what they're selling for.

About a year ago I sold my Incredible for quite a bit over average because I threw in some accessories and it was already rooted/ROMd which the buyer was specifically looking for.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I put it on swappa and craigslist. I put $170 for it. Is that too much?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I seen the razr hd actually has better battery than the razr maxx. Is this correct? How good is the razr m?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is the best value for the price? The best bang for my money? I really don't want to blow tons of money that is why I am asking.