Which is your favorite basketball team in NBA ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bellini is coming into his own but boozer just has to go.. I always hated that they brought him in... his offense is mediocre and his defense is just non existent when it matters

rose needs to come back when he can... there's no guarantee that the heat will make it out the east... bigger upsets have happened before

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I hated the fact they picked up Boozer too! (my sig says Mavs, but I've been a Bulls fan all my life even the dark days after MJ & Co. left). I wish they had pursued Amare more, I still think him and Rose would've made a great duo AND that would've helped relieve Rose of some pressure. Noah is turning into more of an offensive threat, but he'll never be the No. 2 guy, his job is what he does best, playing D and being scrappy.

It's true that there are no guarantees, but other than the Knicks I don't see any other team stopping them, they just match up too well if every team stays healthy from now til the playoffs. Regardless of who the Bulls play, there's no denying the fact that they're missing a real No.2 option (it still boggles my mind that they believed Rip could be that guy). Their defense is solid and will be so as long as Thibs is their coach and they bring in players who WANT to play defense, this squad does because Thibs is such a great coach. They've revamped their bench, but their defense is still top notch. Just the same problem ever since Rose has been a Bull, no option #2. Had they pursued Amare, he could've been that guy.

mozar

Reaction score
I hated the fact they picked up Boozer too! (my sig says Mavs, but I've been a Bulls fan all my life even the dark days after MJ & Co. left). I wish they had pursued Amare more, I still think him and Rose would've made a great duo AND that would've helped relieve Rose of some pressure. Noah is turning into more of an offensive threat, but he'll never be the No. 2 guy, his job is what he does best, playing D and being scrappy.

It's true that there are no guarantees, but other than the Knicks I don't see any other team stopping them, they just match up too well if every team stays healthy from now til the playoffs. Regardless of who the Bulls play, there's no denying the fact that they're missing a real No.2 option (it still boggles my mind that they believed Rip could be that guy). Their defense is solid and will be so as long as Thibs is their coach and they bring in players who WANT to play defense, this squad does because Thibs is such a great coach. They've revamped their bench, but their defense is still top notch. Just the same problem ever since Rose has been a Bull, no option #2. Had they pursued Amare, he could've been that guy.

Amare would never be a good fit with Rose as the #1 guy. They are both depended of the ball being in their hands. Its the same reason Carmelo Anthony and Amare don't play well together at the same time. As evidents by the Knicks success with Amare not playing a single game this season. That could change if Amare comes off the bench.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Amare would never be a good fit with Rose as the #1 guy. They are both depended of the ball being in their hands. Its the same reason Carmelo Anthony and Amare don't play well together at the same time. As evidents by the Knicks success with Amare not playing a single game this season. That could change if Amare comes off the bench.
Unlike Melo though, Rose does look to setup teammates, although not as often as the traditional PG.

And the success of the Knicks has too many factors to just blame it on Amare. Felton and Kidd really make that team go and Melo is ballin at an MVP level. I still agree that Melo and Amare need the ball to be effective, but you also have to factor in how Kidd plays, he sets up teammates everytime down the floor. A player of Kidd's calibur really does change a franchise and the mentality of a team, hence the teamball that the Knicks are playing. We don't know how Amare will do if he were to be inserted into the 4 with Melo back at the 3, but I bet it would go much smoother than last year because of Kidd and Felton. Amare coming off the bench, like he approves of for now, would greatly benefit the goal of a championship though.

Now back to Rose and Amare. You have to remember Rose, in his whole time with the Bulls, has never had a reliable 2nd option, Deng is as close as it gets. Down the stretch of game it goes to Rose's hands for two reasons; he's the PG and he's the go-to guy. Would you trust anyone else with the ball down the stretch or have take the final shot? Current roster, Deng would be the other to get it, IMO, but even that's not a reliable option. Defenses know to crowd Rose, or put a bigger guy on him, which means there's a mismatch somewhere, but that matchup isn't favorable to the Bulls as they all know Rose is taking that last shot too

I also think Boozer and Amare are practically the same type of player now, but with Amare being more of an offensive threat. Amare can score, we all know that, but Boozer is a head scratcher on both ends of the floor, at least with Amare you got offense:D Were there better fits at the time? Off the top of my head I can't think of any, but I knew for sure Boozer would not be a very good fit. I just think Amare would've been better because he would've been the #2 guy and defenses would have more to worry about. For now and like it's always been "watch out for Rose".

jtc303

Reaction score
Celtics... sucking right now :mad:

°||MaxxHD||°

mozar

Reaction score
Unlike Melo though, Rose does look to setup teammates, although not as often as the traditional PG.

And the success of the Knicks has too many factors to just blame it on Amare. Felton and Kidd really make that team go and Melo is ballin at an MVP level. I still agree that Melo and Amare need the ball to be effective, but you also have to factor in how Kidd plays, he sets up teammates everytime down the floor. A player of Kidd's calibur really does change a franchise and the mentality of a team, hence the teamball that the Knicks are playing. We don't know how Amare will do if he were to be inserted into the 4 with Melo back at the 3, but I bet it would go much smoother than last year because of Kidd and Felton. Amare coming off the bench, like he approves of for now, would greatly benefit the goal of a championship though.

Now back to Rose and Amare. You have to remember Rose, in his whole time with the Bulls, has never had a reliable 2nd option, Deng is as close as it gets. Down the stretch of game it goes to Rose's hands for two reasons; he's the PG and he's the go-to guy. Would you trust anyone else with the ball down the stretch or have take the final shot? Current roster, Deng would be the other to get it, IMO, but even that's not a reliable option. Defenses know to crowd Rose, or put a bigger guy on him, which means there's a mismatch somewhere, but that matchup isn't favorable to the Bulls as they all know Rose is taking that last shot too

I also think Boozer and Amare are practically the same type of player now, but with Amare being more of an offensive threat. Amare can score, we all know that, but Boozer is a head scratcher on both ends of the floor, at least with Amare you got offense:D Were there better fits at the time? Off the top of my head I can't think of any, but I knew for sure Boozer would not be a very good fit. I just think Amare would've been better because he would've been the #2 guy and defenses would have more to worry about. For now and like it's always been "watch out for Rose".

As a Bulls fan I wouldn't have either on the team. Neither can play defense. Boozer can't do anything except yell about getting a rebound. Amare is to much have a money risk since no insurance company would insure his knees anymore. Would we be hurt by not having either? I doubt it since both have been known to be injury prone during their careers. Plus Amare would be in Tibs dog house every game and would still sit on the bench during crunch time like Boozer.

I do like the up side of Taj Gibson. If he can get a nice job shot and improve his post game he would be a monster on the offensive side of the ball. Only downside is he is on the older side.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As a Bulls fan I wouldn't have either on the team. Neither can play defense. Boozer can't do anything except yell about getting a rebound. Amare is to much have a money risk since no insurance company would insure his knees anymore. Would we be hurt by not having either? I doubt it since both have been known to be injury prone during their careers. Plus Amare would be in Tibs dog house every game and would still sit on the bench during crunch time like Boozer.

I do like the up side of Taj Gibson. If he can get a nice job shot and improve his post game he would be a monster on the offensive side of the ball. Only downside is he is on the older side.
Haha I can definitely agree with the first part. But with Thibs team defense schemes, you can have someone as weak on D as Boozer/Amare without having to worry that they're going to be scored on every night. I just think in terms of the offensive side of the ball, Amare is the far better option. And as for injuries, yeah both are injury proned, but at least with Amare you know what's wrong with him and you can take some preventive actions, as for Boozer that guy gets the weirdest injuries that keep him out.

Gibson doesn't get enough credit. He's the motor when Noah sits and is a solid player who is scrappy. His offense is nothing to really talk about, but he isn't a liability on offense either. What he lacks in his post game he makes up for it with his tough defense.

I really hope Rose gets that second man soon to help him out. Current roster, like I said, Deng is still that second option and come playoff time they'll have that same problem if Rose does come back. Defenses will concentrate on Rose, knowing that the other Bulls can't really create their own shots. They probably won't sit Rose the whole season, but I think it would be better for their future.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
rip Jerry Buss

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seattle Supersonics. It's been so long since I've cared about the nba I don't even know where they moved to or when.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post