which DNA case to get

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I have an otterbox but it is bulky so I'm searching for a nice leather case. Haven't found a good one yet. HTC doesn't seem to offer alot of accessories for this phone.

U don't have to get htc branded accessories. Try looking on amazon or eBay,or u could just Google or Bing search it to find specifics things.

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I just bought my DNA, and am looking at a case for it. Has anyone heard anything about these cases??

Amazon.com: Ballistic SG1007-M385 SG TPU Case for HTC Droid DNA - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/White: Cell Phones & Accessories

They look like they will protect this beautiful screen pretty good. I do not like the Otterbox cases. They are just way to big and bulky for me.

Tried one of these for a Motorola electrafy 2 I used from us cell for a short period of time...it seemed like a knock off otter box commuter to me... can't say for certain the one for the DNA is the same but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like otterbox

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have the Defender Otterbox. I use SWYPE exclusively, and that plastic screen cover interferes with the touch. Also makes the < Key in left corner difficult to press. But, after breaking my first DNA! ! ! , I will deal with it. Unless someone can share a better case that gives equal protection.

Psykho

Reaction score
I use a otterbox defender but I ripped off the screen protector before I even put it on the first time. I hate how the screen protector feels compared to the glass...

Wolfman38

Reaction score
I did get the Ballistic SG case for my Droid DNA, and I must say that it is a very nice case. The silicone/rubber sleeve that fits around the phone covers all corners and edges of the phone. It even comes up to maybe an eight of an inch (or a little less) over the phone. So, that if you place it face down or drop it face down, the screen will not touch the floor or table. The plastic outer shell is very durable and holds the sleeve on perfectly. It does add a little weight and girth to the phone, but I like it cause I now feel like I am holding a phone rather than a fragile eggshell. I carry my phone in my back pocket, before the case I always felt like the phone was going to slide out of my hand, but not with the case on. I can tell I have a nice firm grip on the phone when I pull it out of my pocket. The case has cut outs for all ports even the LED on the back of the phone is cut out. The power and volume buttons are ALOT easier to feel and use now than without the case. The ONLY complaint I have about this case, is that the silicone/rubber sleeve holds some lint on it, but not near like others do.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Just removed the plastic shield from my DNA Otterbox. SWYPE'ing away! I have a DNA screen protector on (the ones sold at Verizon) and the touch is so much better. And the screen looks sharper, like it should, lol.

rvcjew

Reaction score
I recently did the same and just stuck paper with cutouts for the camera and speaker in the bottom lol so the pressure is the same and have almost no flex on the sides and can see the phone in daylight now. nothing like sliding on real glass ;)

Sent from my VIPER DNA

phoneman95

Reaction score
I got two from eBay. Cheap but quality is different. One is a hybrid case with stand, which it has a nice feel to it, and one of those mesh cases, red. The red isn't bright at all, goes with the DNAs red. Slim feel as well. I will get the diztronic matte black later this month. The DNA is so nice naked tho, and I'm careful but there is always that one slip that happens so I had to get cases that kept to the phones style.

*update (08-19-13)

I now have the Ageis Triedent case, red and tomorrow I pick up my Incipio Dual pro, black.

Last edited:

kcooldude

Reaction score
http://m.ebay.com/itm/130842361126?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
This is what I have bought, I think this case is one of the best for DNA. It is a 3 piece, one piece for the front, one for the back, and one soft cover that encompasses the front and back. It also has a stand on the back. It has a cover for the headphone and charging jack. Heavy duty case that provides great protection. It doesnt look too bad either.