which android os is the most common?

eliwellis

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering how many different phones are out there running android right now. I mean how many different models.

More importantly, I'm wondering of all these phone models which are running 1.5 and which are running 2.0 (or 2.1) How much of the market is using which OS?

Is there any data on this?

-eli

Riddick

Reaction score
I believe that 2.0.1 is the most common since that is what the Motorola Droid is running, and the Droid is by far the most popular android phone. I don't have any data on this though, it's possible that when you combine all of the older android phones running old versions of the OS they'll be the highest. Probably a good guess that 2.1 is the least used.

I'd like to see some data on this as well.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lots of models use the 1.6 OS. 2.1 is probably right behind it with all the rooted droids and with Nexus One running it.

OP
eliwellis

eliwellis

Reaction score
So, basically all models run 1.6 except Moto Droid and N-1.

The real question I am asking is this. If the app we are working on works good on the Eris then it will work on other phones running 1.6, right? Just have faith in the emulator?

-eli

M

Matth3w

So, basically all models run 1.6 except Moto Droid and N-1.

The real question I am asking is this. If the app we are working on works good on the Eris then it will work on other phones running 1.6, right? Just have faith in the emulator?

-eli
Well the Android SDK you can make an emulator for 1.5, 1.6, 2, 2.1, etc. you can test it out on all platforms.