Where's our Gingerbread?

Just out of curiosity... What features do you feel you're missing out on, aside from having the latest and greatest. What is it about GB that you want so desperately? Can you explain to me why it's a better OS and you need it so bad? Or do you need it so bad because everyone talks about it, and it's shiny?

No random reboots while rooted, at least not while on the GB leak.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

For some people it's the corporate stuff on it I suppose. The email part (I think) of it was broken, and the 2.3 update fixes it. Otherwise, it's to correct the plethora of stock problems that people get, like random reboots, overheating (it will overheat and have horrid life immediately after the update, just give it time to return to normal), and other bugs people have. Personally though, aside from corporate stuff not working, when I ran blur 2.2 for a few days, I had not a single problem. Ran flawlessly without a reboot or slowdown. Even battery life was decent.

Just out of curiosity... What features do you feel you're missing out on, aside from having the latest and greatest. What is it about GB that you want so desperately? Can you explain to me why it's a better OS and you need it so bad? Or do you need it so bad because everyone talks about it, and it's shiny?

Too bad the leak (and the ROMs based off of it) seem to be working better than actual GB... The OTAs are bricking/fuxing up phones left and right.

My point is that EVERYONE talks about GB, there's 10 new threads a week started asking when we'll get it, but 95% of these people who want it couldn't tell me why they think they want it. Most of them want a black notification bar, and think that's the coolest thing about GB. I'd be surprised if more than 3% could tell me about any actual under the hood improvements that they expect to see.

The GB based ROMs, and even GB themed Froyo ROMs that are available right now are generally more stable than true GB.

This is one of the biggest things I like about GB on my D2 (from the leak). Also, my phone is just faster. Menus open faster, apps open/close faster, it boots up a lot faster... the whole device just seems a lot more snappier. It feels like a brand new computer, before you've wandered the depths of the internet and accumulated a bunch of crap.

I think word of people's satisfaction with the GB leak has wafted into the ears of everyone on these forums. While people might not be able to pin down exactly what they are looking forward to in GB, just the concept of it is enough to get people going because they've been hearing so much about how much better it is. In a way it's the sheeple-propaganda effect, but... in this case it's quite accurate - GB is a large improvement over Froyo.

Also a cool new feature that I discovered the other day: if you hit "Ignore" on an incoming call, my phone automatically gives me the option to send a text back to that number explaining why I couldn't answer.

I just want the keyboard.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

I'm on Liberty GB actually, but you can install the rooted (or non-rooted) version of GB easily.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Back