wheres my droid app question

waspie

Reaction score
The "wheres my droid" app is pretty nice but it has an inability to turn on the gps. could this be solved by moving it to /system/app?
any other insight into this problem?
thanks
(obviously turn the GPS on full time could be an option but like a lot people I leave it off to conserve every bit of battery power as it has to last all day)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if you leave your gps off and end up losing the phone would that render the app useless?

if you leave gps on it doesn't necessarily use it all the time, only when asked to. i'm not aware of the app features as i don't use it, but if the app runs gps 24/7 doesn't seem worth it to me.

just take better care of your phone and keep it close.

OP
W

waspie

Reaction score
i take good care of my phone, it's my fiance :)
anyway, it doesn't use the GPS constantly its just that the GPS may be disabled for any reason (pick one) and the app has no ability to turn it back on. was just curious if anyone knew of a way for the app to be able to control GPS.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't hold me to it because it's still early here on the left coast, but I believe either Wave Secure or Mobile Defense provides this functionality. However, I believe the phone must be rooted to enable it.