"Where's My Droid" and "Google Voice" not happening!

FutureGreg

Reaction score
I upgraded to a Rezound from a DroidX. I always was able to use "Where's my Droid" app to find my phone and I use Google Voice. I just read that Google Voice is not compatible with WMD! Is this true? Does anyone know how to find their Rezound using Google Voice? Any insight is appreciated.

mjones73

Reaction score
I use Google Voice without issue, it does throw an error that it isn't compatible with your device during set up but if you've already had it set up on another device you can skip that step anyway. All it's doing is setting up call forwarding on your account to forward your calls to your google voice number if you don't answer. You can manually do the same thing if you don't have forwarding set up.

https://groups.google.com/a/googlep...ice/getting-started--tips--tricks/lF-lfjODvhA

Just a hint, those forwarded calls cost minutes, if you have a plan that allows you to enter 10 numbers for unlimited calling, adding your GV number to it.

Hawk600

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you mjones73!
The link you posted worked very well for me!
Coming from a Droid X, I was aggravated with the fact that I could not use GVoice answering service on my Rezound but now it works like a charm.
Thanks again!

frankwilsonv3

Reaction score
I upgraded to a Rezound from a DroidX. I always was able to use "Where's my Droid" app to find my phone and I use Google Voice. I just read that Google Voice is not compatible with WMD! Is this true? Does anyone know how to find their Rezound using Google Voice? Any insight is appreciated.

WMD will only receive text massages from your real cell phone number, not from your Google voice number. You can still use Google voice to make and receive calls when you have WMD installed. But if you want to find your phone then just text your real phone number.

hth