Where is that badger?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Whenever I power cycle my phone I get a message that says Unfortunately badger has stopped.....what is badger and why does it keep stopping?

Anyone know?

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Badger is the process that displays unread counts. Someone at XDA discovered this by disabling/enabling it. As to why it keeps stopping, I don't have that issue on my Maxx. Maybe try clearing its cache?

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem or have a solution??

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

markusb111

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. First my weather app started not to load on the home screen widget. Now the widget wont display the remaining battery power. Not sure what badger does but cleaned cache and got Verizon security app to scan, nothing found. Any other suggestions. Using Droid Ultra.

markusb111

Reaction score
Spoke to Verizon tech. Go to settings/apps and scroll to all on top of page. Badger should be listed there. Clear cache, then disable it, force stop and uncheck notifications. Shut off phone and turn back on. Badger is an app that doesn't need to run in order for phone to function. When you turn phone back on you will not receive any notices.

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Spoke to Verizon tech. Go to settings/apps and scroll to all on top of page. Badger should be listed there. Clear cache, then disable it, force stop and uncheck notifications. Shut off phone and turn back on. Badger is an app that doesn't need to run in order for phone to function. When you turn phone back on you will not receive any notices.

But will I get the counters I'm so thoroughly missing

unbesorgt

Reaction score
But will I get the counters I'm so thoroughly missing

Have you tried clearing the app's cache (as markusb111 describes) and rebooting but without disabling the app? Might fix it and give you back your badge counts.

Also, do you have any apps disabled?

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the app's cache (as markusb111 describes) and rebooting but without disabling the app? Might fix it and give you back your badge counts.

Also, do you have any apps disabled?

I've tried both ways, still no badges. Have a bunch of apps disabled, even with them enabled though, still no counts. Did a factory reset a few weeks ago, they came back until a Verizon person rebooted my phone!!! :-(

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I've tried both ways, still no badges. Have a bunch of apps disabled, even with them enabled though, still no counts. Did a factory reset a few weeks ago, they came back until a Verizon person rebooted my phone!!! :-(

Wow, I was planning to suggest you try a factory reset next until I read your comment! That really should have fixed the issue permanently. Are you sure this "Verizon person" didn't do something else to your phone before rebooting it? Maybe try another factory reset and then keep it the heck away from those Verizon people. ;)

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Wow, I was planning to suggest you try a factory reset next until I read your comment! That really should have fixed the issue permanently. Are you sure this "Verizon person" didn't do something else to your phone before rebooting it? Maybe try another factory reset and then keep it the heck away from those Verizon people. ;)

He was just pulling the SIM card to make sure I had the secure element card installed. Other than that, it was doing that before the factory reset and I just hadn't rebooted my phone since. I was going that would have been a permanent fix, but no.

R

RETG

[video=youtube_share;EIyixC9NsLI]http://youtu.be/EIyixC9NsLI[/video]

Sorry, could not resist...