where is drive mode on a nexus?

jlynn222

Reaction score
Do they have a drive mode on a galaxy nexus? How do you find it ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
not sure what you mean by drive mode. However, when you plug it in it acts as a usb device, so is that what you mean? Hooks up like MTP device

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
or drive mode like navigation mode when in a car? I don't think pure Google AOSP has a "drive" app mode like other skinned phones like Motorola etc.

OP
J

jlynn222

Reaction score
No I mean like the drive mode on the galaxy 3...when you are driving it will tell you who's texting you or calling you so you don't have to look at your phone...does a galaxy nexus have this feature?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I mean like the drive mode on the galaxy 3...when you are driving it will tell you who's texting you or calling you so you don't have to look at your phone...does a galaxy nexus have this feature?

No, any pure Google phone does not have that feature because it is not a part of AOSP (Android Open Source Project aka Android). That feature is an added application added in from Samsung's overlying software package.

OP
J

jlynn222

Reaction score
No, any pure Google phone does not have that feature because it is not a part of AOSP (Android Open Source Project aka Android). That feature is an added application added in from Samsung's overlying software package.

I have a Samsung galaxy nexus so is that a pure Google phone?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any phones/device dubbed "Nexus" by Google is going to be a pure Google phone. It just happened to be made my Samsung.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Any phones/device dubbed "Nexus" by Google is going to be a pure Google phone. It just happened to be made my Samsung.
+1

Any company certified by google to make nexus devices can manufacture them. Htc, Samsung, and LG have made nexus phones and asus has made a nexus tablet.
Nexus is a term used by google to symbolize that the device is supported directly by google and comes with a pure "vanilla" version of android. :D

Manufacturers add "skins" over top of android to "help" the usability of the particular phone. Some skins such as blur (motorola devices) aren't very far from pure android. Touchwiz (samsung's devices) has a lot of extra features that android itself doesn't have natively which is why the new Samsung devices are coming with two gigabytes of ram.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2