Where do new folders go?

dmitri8

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just got the HTC Droid two days ago; it's one amazing piece of machinery!

I'm new to the android OS, so I'm hoping some of the gurus here will be able to help...

I want to know where (in the file system/ directory structure) does it put the new folders that you create (by holding a finger down on) the "desktop"? I've looked and looked online, but found nothing about it...

TIA

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just got the HTC Droid two days ago; it's one amazing piece of machinery!

I'm new to the android OS, so I'm hoping some of the gurus here will be able to help...

I want to know where (in the file system/ directory structure) does it put the new folders that you create (by holding a finger down on) the "desktop"? I've looked and looked online, but found nothing about it...

TIA

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Easiest way to do this is to get a file manager like Linda or Astro, that is if the incredible doesn't come with one. Once you've installed the file manager do a search for the folder. You will see the folder and the path to where it is stored. And :welcome: to the forum. :)

OP
D

dmitri8

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

I actually have one of those installed (incidentally called "File Manager" :)) but it doesn't have a search function... I installed Aurora which is supposed to look for files too IINM, but it didn't find that either...

Downloading Astro... will try that one in a minute.

OK done.
Well, that didn't find it either. (Though the app itself looks better than the File Manager, so I'm keeping it -- thanks for the tip!)
I'm starting at the root (/) and the 'include directory names' option is checked... But it reports "nothing found"...
icon_%20cry.gif

Could it be that Android doesn't store those type of folders' names in plain text or something?

Last edited: