Where do I put my music on my X?

Drooooid

Reaction score
Now that I got my "I can't access my X's files to transfer between my PC and X" problem solved...........

When I'm looking at the files on my X, where do I drag/drop music from my PC on the X? I see all the picture, video, download files......but I don't see a place to put music files. Do I just make a new file and put all of my music in it? Then it will play on the music player that came pre-installed on my X?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do me a favor. Go to your files app in your drawer. Open it up and scroll down. Do you see a file named music there? I have one on my D2 and I never created it, of course I had a D1 prior to this and pulled my SD card out of the D1 and put it in the D2.

It seems to me that when I did drag and drop a few songs that I just placed them either right on the SD card or I navigated to media and dragged them in there.

timrock

Reaction score
you can put it where ever you want. You should already have a folder called Media, which has two subfolders called Audio and Music. You can put it there. Personally, i created a folder called Albums and just dump my stuff in there. and yes, it will play on the stock music app.

OP
Drooooid

Drooooid

Reaction score
OK, thanks. So in other words, no matter where I put my music, the X will recognize them as MP3's and be able to play them in the default music player?

I'll give it a try. Thanks again. For some reason, I thought the music files had to be put into a specific file in order for the X to recognize them and let me play them.

timrock

Reaction score
nope, the music player will scan the device and just load all the music. but if you use something other than stock music player, you can have the app scan only a particular folder.