Where did my "Tools" go?

pmdeaver

Reaction score
I've lost my "Tools" icon on the main screen. Any ideas for how to retrieve it/replace it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can get the icon back by going to the app tray (icon that looks like 9 little squares in the middle at the bottom of the screen), then find your "Tools" app, press and hold, then drag it to the space on your home screen that you want it placed on and let go.

OP
P

pmdeaver

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's no longer appearing in that section... I go from Text Messaging to Viewdini. No Tools. What am I doing wrong?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Unfortunately, it's no longer appearing in that section... I go from Text Messaging to Viewdini. No Tools. What am I doing wrong?

If it's gone from the App tray, then we need to dig a little deeper. If it's a pre-installed app, I believe that simply going in and clearing the cache, or disabling it and then re-enabling it can cause it to reappear.

OP
P

pmdeaver

Reaction score
Great - will be happy to try - can you give me some instruction on doing that?

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I've lost my "Tools" icon on the main screen. Any ideas for how to retrieve it/replace it?

You won't find it in your apps section because it's not an app....it's a folder that you can put whatever apps into that you choose.

Just create another folder and load it with the apps of your choice.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
You can get the icon back by going to the app tray (icon that looks like 9 little squares in the middle at the bottom of the screen), then find your "Tools" app, press and hold, then drag it to the space on your home screen that you want it placed on and let go.

That would work if he was talking about an app called "Tools" but he's not...it's a folder called "tools" which contains a few apps.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
If it's gone from the App tray, then we need to dig a little deeper. If it's a pre-installed app, I believe that simply going in and clearing the cache, or disabling it and then re-enabling it can cause it to reappear.

It's not an app...it's a folder.....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You won't find it in your apps section because it's not an app....it's a folder that you can put whatever apps into that you choose.

Just create another folder and load it with the apps of your choice.

Thanks for the clarification...I don't own an M, so I am not familiar with that folder having already been created from the factory...

That would work if he was talking about an app called "Tools" but he's not...it's a folder called "tools" which contains a few apps.

And again, thanks...

It's not an app...it's a folder.....

And again, thanks...

OP
P

pmdeaver

Reaction score
Thanks, to all of you, for your responses. Can someone tell me the apps that are factory loaded into the "tools" folder that I need to recreate?

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Thanks, to all of you, for your responses. Can someone tell me the apps that are factory loaded into the "tools" folder that I need to recreate?

No problem.....

Help, Voicemail, The Verizon App Store (which is about to be shut down anyway so no need to re-install it), calculator, calendar, gallery, and settings.

Word of warning here......I may, or may not have added apps to this folder on my phone. and if so, I don't remember which ones they are. I created another folder called tools on one o my pages. I put a bunch of wi-fi apps in it, an app to find cell towers....just about anything I find useful.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification...I don't own an M, so I am not familiar with that folder having already been created from the factory...

And again, thanks...

And again, thanks...

Welcome, welcome, welcome :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Welcome, welcome, welcome :biggrin:

In case you weren't aware, you can click the "Multi" button on the right for each of the posts you want to reply to and then the "Reply With Quote" button and it will put all post copies into one reply (like I did with yours), so you don't have to create multiple messages to respond to one subject. Just thought I'd throw that out there! :p