Where can I download roms

lvziggy

Reaction score
I just rooted my galaxy and I want to try some roms. Where can I download them?

clueless77

Reaction score
Well a touch wiz based ROM would be similar to stock but debloated , all the extras taken out. An AOSP ROM would be vanilla android built from scratch. All AOSP ROMs are running 4.2.2 and all touch wiz ROMs should by now be on 4.1.2. AOSP ROMs allow much more customization.

kamisan

Reaction score
Code:
I just rooted my galaxy and I want to try some roms. Where can I download them?

if it was me I would download and install goo manager and then select the appropriate roms for your device you can try out different ones when you change from one room to another do a complete factory wipe to eliminate issues. if you installed easy unlock your bootloader is unlocked you should have TWRP Recovery installed I would back up your stock one before doing anything

currently I am running carbon rom and it runs wonderfully on this device

doyling

Reaction score
I am just crying right now. I was playing nice with my phone, root and unlock went well. Looked over various ROMS and came across Omega. It looked really nice, lots of pretty features. Loaded it up, hit the reset button and that was it for my phone. Apparently, it was a ROM for the international GS3 4 core, not the US 2 core. Motherboard is fried. Won't power on, nada. So I am licking my wounds, got a $300 reminder to read a bit closer. So hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][27Oct] ●●●► Omega v11 ◄●►AOKP◄●►Android 4.3.1◄●►

The above link is the Evil ROM! :(

clueless77

Reaction score
I am just crying right now. I was playing nice with my phone, root and unlock went well. Looked over various ROMS and came across Omega. It looked really nice, lots of pretty features. Loaded it up, hit the reset button and that was it for my phone. Apparently, it was a ROM for the international GS3 4 core, not the US 2 core. Motherboard is fried. Won't power on, nada. So I am licking my wounds, got a $300 reminder to read a bit closer. So hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][27Oct] ●●●► Omega v11 ◄●►AOKP◄●►Android 4.3.1◄●►

The above link is the Evil ROM! :(

Just curious if you've tried to power up into recovery, or into download mode (Odin mode)? Odds are that yes it won't boot in a normal sense, but possibly into one of those modes.

doyling

Reaction score
Just curious if you've tried to power up into recovery, or into download mode (Odin mode)? Odds are that yes it won't boot in a normal sense, but possibly into one of those modes.
No good, unit will not even power on. If I pull the battery and plug in the charger cable, the LED will light for 1 minute. Otherwise it won't power on at all, if I could get into recovery I should be fine, I have stock ROM but this won't even turn on. RIP.

clueless77

Reaction score
No good, unit will not even power on. If I pull the battery and plug in the charger cable, the LED will light for 1 minute. Otherwise it won't power on at all, if I could get into recovery I should be fine, I have stock ROM but this won't even turn on. RIP.

Depending on much research you want to do. I'm sure if you search other forums, there's someone who might be able to help you, using adb and such. But that sucks man, sorry :(