"Where" app not working?

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Wanted to get rid of Poynt and read about theWhere app either here or on another Android board. I installed it this afternoon and it worked correctly on a few searches except for the fact it did not have my location listed correctly. I changed the incorrect location to my home address(was at home then) and then tried searching again. When looking for their restaurants, etc., all I would get is "None found within 15 miles... NO restaurants within 15 miles of my home.

I uninstalled it, I did a battery pull, I reinstalled it(more than twice) with the same ridiculous results. I emailed the developer but haven't heard back from him yet.

Any ideas on how to both use my correct home address and to have Where do correct searches?

Strangely enough, it finds gas stations okay???

Stock 2.1 X

luv2increase

Reaction score
Everything is working for me on 2.2. It worked great on 2.1 on the droid x too.

It is one of my favorite apps and one of the few I actually give access to my location.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tap menu, tap settings, tap location settings, and verify that off is not the default

Mike

OP
Lightninrod

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Tap menu, tap settings, tap location settings, and verify that off is not the default

Mike

I reinstalled it. No, off was not the default. I tried both auto and reminder. It still located me incorrectly. I corrected that again. It still finds nothing; no restaurants, etc.

Never mind. It's working now. Don't know why but it is.