when writing a text message or email... question about that automatic word suggestion

hibiscus27

Reaction score
hello folks

so, when texting or emailing on my droid using my onscreen keyboard, there's this line that comes across the middle of the screen that give me suggested words while I type. sometimes it selectes totally off the wall words as my suggested word and totally kills the message that i just sent. makes my message look like i'm wacked.

is there a way to turn this feature off??

or if it cant be turned off, is there a way for it to always pick the first word on the suggested list instead of picking its own? (the first word on the list is usually the word that I actually typed)

thanks in advance

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
using the keyboard turns it off as far as i know

ink

Reaction score
Settings - Language and Keyboard - Android Keyboard
Quick fixes and Show suggestions

Reaction score
Yo Bro, as you can see there is about 6 words to choose from. i know most of us are lighting speed with the virtual keyboard. but while your typing the word if its misspelled or something some odd crap will show up. but if you notice there is better choices to the left and the right of the highlighted word. If the one thats not highlighted is the word you want. just tap it and and it will use the word you chose.

787HockeyDad

Reaction score
hello folks

so, when texting or emailing on my droid using my onscreen keyboard, there's this line that comes across the middle of the screen that give me suggested words while I type. sometimes it selectes totally off the wall words as my suggested word and totally kills the message that i just sent. makes my message look like i'm wacked.

is there a way to turn this feature off??

or if it cant be turned off, is there a way for it to always pick the first word on the suggested list instead of picking its own? (the first word on the list is usually the word that I actually typed)

thanks in advance

Great question!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Personally I couldn't live without it. Without it I would actually have to learn to use the pullout.