when will we get ota 4.2

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Strongly considering rooting again. Not sure if we will get 4.2 at all now. Time to start researching again.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I don't see Verizon getting the update until the radio issue is fixed. VZ told me the signal loss should of been resolved back with the September Update. Has a Soak test been done at all from Samsung? Does Samsung do soak tests like Moto?

Sorry to break this to you but you will be waiting forever then because you can't fix bad hardware with a software fix, and the radio on this thing is truly a pos.

With all of the new phones VZW is coming out with you think they are going to actually dedicate time on trying to fix something that can't be fixed especially with a phone that is basically at its end of life according to them.

Brent72

Reaction score
So, if I want to put 4.2.1 on the GNex myself, what is the best way to do it? I'm not rooted and running stock 4.1.1.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So, if I want to put 4.2.1 on the GNex myself, what is the best way to do it? I'm not rooted and running stock 4.1.1.
Best way is to root and ROM. Which can be easily done with wug's toolkit

Brent72

Reaction score
Best way is to root and ROM. Which can be easily done with wug's toolkit

Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere on how to do that and also, which version of 4.2.1 is considered to be the most stable out there right now?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8

LIke they said above... use wugz it's great, it's easy, and like I always preach always make a backup before you do anything so you don't have that oops moment if you forgot to transfer any data off that is needed.

Running the latest JB sourcery on mine, it actually makes me half way tolerate this pos.

It's the only thing that is keeping this thing from meeting it's final destiny of being shattered to bits on the concrete in my driveway, oh i can't wait to have the money saved so i can get one of the newer phones off contract when they come out.

It has caused me so much frustration and extra time from all of the dropped or crappy calls. Or the way the glass cracks on the display if you breath on it wrong.

Never had any of those problems with my previous moto.

I'll never buy another samsung again.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
For those that chose to wait. Take this for what it's worth.

https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/307144789554511872

verizon-nexus-update-soon.jpeg

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The official 4.2.2 binaries for the VZW GNex have been posted on Google's developer site, FWIW. It would seem the OTA isn't too far off...I say by June. LOL.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The official 4.2.2 binaries for the VZW GNex have been posted on Google's developer site, FWIW. It would seem the OTA isn't too far off...I say by June. LOL.

Binaries mean little to nothing about the OTA, there are 4.1.2 and 4.2/4.2.1 for the toro as well. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#toro

But I think your release date sounds reasonable. 4.1.2 will be rolling out to toro owners then :D