When to get ice cream-ed?

McGyver777

Reaction score
When ice cream sandwich comes out, and everyone is running to update, would it be better to wait and see if there are bugs with the droid bionics or not?

I'm just curious if it would be prudent to wait awhile to update to see if there are bugs or problems as I use this phone for work and have no other options and must have a working phone that works without any problems.

Input?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
To answer your question: Yes you should wait if you rely on your phone for work.

We never know how an update is going to affect our phones until it's out to the masses. There are just too many variables for Moto and Verizon to plan for effectively. When the Droid X got gingerbread for the first time, it created all kinds of issues. So bad in fact, that verizon pretty much demanded that all updates to existing moto phones be rewritten.

916A2

Reaction score
If being prudent is your thing, yeah, wait a bit and see what people have to say about it first.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depend on whether you're rooted so you can bypass the update. If you aren't it's gonna ask every time you power up. I don't believe it's an optional update.

That being said, when Froyo first came out there were 2 versions. One was the OTA patch and the larger was a full install. Both became available here for manual installation. I chose the full install version as that was the one Verizon had for those who had a bad OTA install. Scary, as I had never rooted or done anything like that before, but it worked. And it still was able to take 2 OTA updates after that.