When I type, keyboard inserts space after every letter. Can't type a whole word.

allendale80

Reaction score
Recently, my keyboard has begun inserting a space after each letter. In order to type a whole work, I have to backspace twice after ever letter. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
That has happened to me but it's random. Will come back if I can make it happen. I forget what I did to stop it. I think I just excited out of whatever I was in. You could try switching keyboards then back to Swype. Or long press the hand icon and fiddle with those settings. I feel like it only happens on URL or perhaps it was on chrome. I know people have said it doesn't seem to work well with some apps or scenarios.

_____
... 6.7.232

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Recently, my keyboard has begun inserting a space after each letter. In order to type a whole work, I have to backspace twice after ever letter. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I would do a hard reset and see if the problem comes back, hold down the volume down button then the power button for 10 seconds and the phone will reboot.

Welcome to the forum!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You might also try long pressing in a field in your text messaging, select swype, then long press again, and select multi touch.. my son had to do this... on gb I would say go into the app and clear data and force close... but that's no longer relevant... :rolleyes: