When I am on the phone how do I answer another caller?

judyott123

Reaction score
If I am on the phone how do I answer an incoming call and not hang up on the person I am calling?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you should be able to put them on hold. it happened to me once, but i think i accidentally ended up hanging on them.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Answering the second call seems to place the first call on hold from what I've seen with trying it out. When you hang up on the second call, it appears that you've lost both callers but if the first caller didn't hang up you'll be reconnected. It will look like there's another incoming call from the first caller.

I'm not sure what the Manage Calls button does when you have 2 calls. I clicked it and it didn't seem to do anything.

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
Hitting the Magage calls on the top left lets you switch to the next call. I'm not sure why some people would have problems with the manage buttons. It works for me every time. Once you're done with the second call, just hit the Mangae call button again and it will switch you back.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I must need to reconnect with my friends since oddly enough I haven't needed to do this since purchasing my Droid, but often did when I had my dumbphone before. Hmmm...Perhaps I've alienated them since buying my new BFF. :motdroidhoriz:

Anyway, back on topic. Not sure if this answers your question, but on page 11 of the online guide they have this Tip in the Conference Call section (which I know isn't what you're trying to do) this switches between calls.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...s/Static-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_00202474c.pdf

Tip: Before merging, you can switch back and forth between the two calls by touching <icon looks like two round arrows >.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Finally - the solution I've been looking for.

You know, I have fought with this, and fought with this. Finally I've got it. I've got a friend who has a Droid and we were constantly cutting each other off when trying to take an incoming call when we were already talking to each other.

Thanks for a relatively simple explanation of the workins'... It bugs me that this was so simple on my "dumb" phone, but so hard on my "smart" phone. Hmmm, what does that say about me...? Ha.

Oh, as an aside - I've never been particularly impressed by the owners manual (the on-line model). Seems to me it's pretty sparse and leaves you to your own devices on a number of important features - features not even mentioned in the manual. YouTube is a good place to check as well.