What's up, guys?!

cjtennis

Reaction score
I just purchased a Bionic and am new to the Droid OS altogether. Former BBerry user (please reserve judgement, I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most techie guy in the world!).

I'm sure I'll have questions more often than not so any help for a rookie would be much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to customizing and simplifying my phone so that it's intuitive and efficient.

So here goes my first and certainly not last question:

My 3G service is not being detected. I live in Madison, WI and we have full 4G coverage as well. The 4G is fine when I turn it on but with it off and in CDMA only mode I've got no indication of 3G available. Leaving the 4G on is now necessary to pull in my e mails. Not a big deal except it obviously eats my battery up. This seems to have happened out nowhere; I wasn't messing with any settings at any time.

Any ideas?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

No worries about making a BlackBerry switch, plenty of people have been making a switch to Android from them lately. Also with the tech problem, no problem there either. Keeping up with sites like this will definitely help you out with that. Who knows, before you know it, you could be one of the biggest techies here.

As to your first problem/question.. I'm not quite sure. But, if you haven't already, there's a thread(s) dedicated to your phone completely that may be able to help. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-forum/
I
f push comes to shove, maybe a factory reset will help. If not.. I guess you got a faulty phone and I'd suggest going to Verizon.

rherron

Reaction score
There's an issue with that phone with 3G/4G. Lots of posts on this site about it.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums