Whats the deal with Lite apps?

Big Cam

Reaction score
SO many times I've seen an app for like $3 then a lite version for free but the descriptions never tell me ehat's missing from the lite verison.

Sorry I don't have the phone yet so I can't experiment.

Randomocity

Reaction score
Most of the time there's missing functionality, that you get if you pay for the full version. Classic example is Documents to go. On the free version you can only open and edit word and excel files. Pay the 15 bucks and you can create Word, excel, powerpoint and pdf files, which cant be done on the free version.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Most of the time there's missing functionality, that you get if you pay for the full version. Classic example is Documents to go. On the free version you can only open and edit word and excel files. Pay the 15 bucks and you can create Word, excel, powerpoint and pdf files, which cant be done on the free version.

A lot of the time, the descriptions never tell you what's missing from the Lite version. If a developer wants me to buy the full version, tell me what I get wit the Lite and what I get with the Full. If the description is nonexistent, I move along to something else.

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
OK, THat's why i was curous becasue I never know whats missing.

denlem

Reaction score
Descriptions of what's crippled or not, at least some of the pay apps have a free version to check out some of the features. I hate buying one then finding out I dont like it or it's now what I was looking for.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some "lite" apps have reduced functionality (for example only one car/track in a racing game). In other cases, the "lite" version is ad-supported; paying for the "full" version gets rid of the ads. Finally, in a few cases; the "lite" version has say 50 levels, where the "full" version has 200.

I agree accurate descriptions are a must. But one must remember, these are not all professional developers we're talking about here. Some folks just don't know any better.