What's the BEST Launcher program for D3?

xjeff99

Reaction score
On my OG Droid, I used Launcher Pro exclusively as it was 10X better than the stock Android launcher. Now that I've had the D3 for a few weeks I am looking at getting a different Launcher program. I do like the "MotoBlur" but I am having a terrible time lately with redraws on the home screen (2-4 second wait after unlocking) as well as TERRIBLE redraws using handcent (5-7 second wait usually everytime I open the program, sidenote - anyone know what I can do to fix that??). I use Fancy Widget for the time/weather and I don't use the quick contacts widget so I don't think I need the stock launcher anymore.

So who uses different launcher programs? Which one do you use? I've seen GO Launcher, Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher. Anyone have a favorite one to use? Anyone suggest to avoid a certain one? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

aramos87

Reaction score
On my OG Droid, I used Launcher Pro exclusively as it was 10X better than the stock Android launcher. Now that I've had the D3 for a few weeks I am looking at getting a different Launcher program. I do like the "MotoBlur" but I am having a terrible time lately with redraws on the home screen (2-4 second wait after unlocking) as well as TERRIBLE redraws using handcent (5-7 second wait usually everytime I open the program, sidenote - anyone know what I can do to fix that??). I use Fancy Widget for the time/weather and I don't use the quick contacts widget so I don't think I need the stock launcher anymore.

So who uses different launcher programs? Which one do you use? I've seen GO Launcher, Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher. Anyone have a favorite one to use? Anyone suggest to avoid a certain one? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

I use GO Launcher Ex and its awesome, I have used Launcher pro and ADW Launcher... and IMO GO is the best! It has way more customization than LP and seems faster then ADW ... and has tons of themes. And if you think you will miss the LP widgets, download android pro widgets.. its the same LP widget styles with theme support...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

militant

Reaction score
I'm using a paid version of launcher pro to tide me over until root and I can run (hopefully) cyanogen. The reason I opt'd for the paid version was I use exclusively widgets on my 4 homescreens and being able to resize them is crucial to my setup. I use a folder organizer app and have 6 icons created (News, Apps, Utilities, Games, Networking, Media) each with appropriate lables/icons. They look MUCH better than the bland regular looking folders, and it makes finding apps a breeze and allows for an uncluttered homescreen. Even with all this, I experience at most a 1 second redraw on home screen icons and id say its only about 30-40% of the time.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Testing a new one to the game.

qqLauncher

Has a ways to go, but it is pretty slick.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
X

xjeff99

Reaction score
I use GO Launcher Ex and its awesome, I have used Launcher pro and ADW Launcher... and IMO GO is the best! It has way more customization than LP and seems faster then ADW ... and has tons of themes. And if you think you will miss the LP widgets, download android pro widgets.. its the same LP widget styles with theme support...

Thanks for the response. I'm not too worried about customization as more am I worried about speed/redraw. Would you still consider GO over the others from a speed POV?

aramos87

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'm not too worried about customization as more am I worried about speed/redraw. Would you still consider GO over the others from a speed POV?

Yes GO Launcher is very smooth and fast, I've had ZERO issues with it.. and even during complex transition effects it remains fast and smooth.. I've tried out all of them.. and IMO GO Launcher is definitely the best!

OP
X

xjeff99

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Now any of you that said you use GO Launcher, do you use GO SMS along with it? Or does anyone use Handcent with GO?

aramos87

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Now any of you that said you use GO Launcher, do you use GO SMS along with it? Or does anyone use Handcent with GO?

I personally do not use any alternate sms app.. but when I did I used GO SMS because I liked it more then Handcent and Chomp sms..

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Had some issues with handcent on my OG, and LP messes up the app drawer rotation so its GO GO for me.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use GO and handcent, runs just fine! Have had zero problems personally.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Go Launcher EX > ADW > Launcher Pro for the D3.

For some reason I fele like LauncherPro lags on my D3