What will an ICS Rezound be like?

chimera

Reaction score
If I understand it correctly, the ICS update will make the home, search menu and back buttons at the bottom of the phone useless? So will ICS then take up some of the 4.3 inch of screen space to display the same buttons? So the 4 bottom buttons will just be there at the bottom taking up space and being useless? I am just not sure what ICS will really look like on a phone designed for toher versions of android?

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I dont think its going to look any different than it does now with gingerbread sense removes all stock theming as it is so it will have the ics built in features but thats it the launcher will still be the same as it is now

Sent from my rezROM Rezound

jchammer123

Reaction score
Like the previous post, the bottom buttons will still work. Most likely it e won't have the onscreen buttons at all.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google created the correct api's to allow the use for those buttons, not doing so would have been a stupid error on their part, so we just won't actually have the on screen buttons because our buttons will still work.

There are a few ICS ROM's already out for the Rezound if you are into Rootin' 'n ROM'n. ICS will actually be very nice on the Rezound.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Also we do have an ICS leak on the Rezound already. Check the ROMs out in the ROM section if you want to see what it looks like. From the screenshots of Sense 4.0, it looks just like Sense 3.6 that's running on the ICS leak.

acousticshade

Reaction score
It's interesting to note that there are several phones still in the design stages that have the 4 hardware buttons. I wonder if that was a design choice or if google announced the software button thing after these phones were too far along the design stage to change.

I haven't played with the software buttons much, but I definately favor the hardware buttons. Especially if the phone were to have an amoled screen. I wonder how many Gnex users will have screen burn in from the buttons after 2 years. I also didn't like how the buttons changed around. With 4 buttons at the bottom, I don't have to look to see which button I'm pushing & I don't lose screen viewing area also.