what up droids

ginsberg5150

Reaction score
ok so ive had a g1 for a while had to upgrade to droid. any hints, haks, problems im lookin for? so far i love it but what about apps on sd?!?!?!

new to the site
be kind, or my droid will hunt you down!!!
lol.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome, just search away. There is lots to find. So far no, you can't install to sd.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello ginsberg.....welcome to the forums I hope that you enjoy them.....

yeah and its a no go on the sdcard

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome, Nice upgrade!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so ive had a g1 for a while had to upgrade to droid. any hints, haks, problems im lookin for? so far i love it but what about apps on sd?!?!?!

new to the site
be kind, or my droid will hunt you down!!!
lol.

Welcome aboard and enjoy. There is a ton of good info on here. Read it all!!

Apps you need:

Screebl - it will detect when you are actually using the phone based on the orientation sensors and keep the screen on for you (no more stupid dimming while you are reading something). The other thing this will do for you is allow you set your screen to turn off after 15 seconds of inactivity. Screebl will know that you've laid your phone down and let the normal screen setting kick in.

Task Killers - NONE OF THEM. Android does this job very well on it's own.

Virus Killers - NONE OF THEM. They will dramatically slow down your phone.

K-9 Email - it is the best option for pop3 accounts.

xScope Browser - it has pinch and zoom and other great features. Be warned it does have a very spartan appearance, but works great and is faster than the others (I've clocked them).

Pro Zoom Camera - it is a much better camera program than the stock one - much faster.

MixZing - it's a much better option than the stock music player. However, there are many other very good players.

Listed above are my opinions of good apps and a few things to avoid.

After typing all this I realized you had a G1 and may know more about android than I do. If so, disregard the above opinions and just read the first sentence. :) :)