What the first thing I should do

Section_10

Reaction score
Sorry, i meant the Task Manager.

Razr got a little confusing about that.
I constantly had Task Manager, Manage Apps and Battery information confused.
They need to consolidate these three, make them available from the same place.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Go to the pre-installed "task manager" app. Open that and you will find a place to select apps for auto-kill.

By the way, I think it's called "auto end", not "auto kill." Also, when you go through the auto end 'exercise', you'll find the overwhelming majority of your apps will show as "not running", which suggests to me that the system is pretty darn efficient on its own at preserving battery life...

Last edited:

max62025

Reaction score
Just ordered my razr maxx yesterday and can't wait to get it. Being on a d1 since it came out this is a huge upgrade. What should I do first? I always loved having a custom ROM, but should I try it out stock first? What everyone's experience at first?

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

Here is my advice:

1. Charge it up
2. Load ALL of your favorite apps (except Juice Defender-you don't need it)
3. Turn on Everything full blast
4. Let her rip

Have a lot of fun, you just got the best phone on the market !!!!!!! dancedroid:icon_ lala::rofl3::rockon::clap::beer2:

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Check to see if yours is one of the duds. After being activated and running with latest OTA update .173 Check the standby run time. You'll be fooling around with the phone a ton at first. Download Badass Battery Monitor and check the percentage # when you go to bed, set Manage Apps to all things being set to auto kill after 2 minutes, use Task Manager to kill things. Then sleep. Wake up, compare the number its currently at to what it was when you went to bed. If its dropped more than 10 up to 40-50 then somethings draining the battery like it did on some of my androids. Open Badass Battery Monitor hit settings button then App Sucker and see whats draining. It won't always be obvious whats draining, why I had to send mine back. Between Verizon Location Agent, Social Location, various System apps, Weather, News...etc. You can't control them, they'll run on their own and drain.
Download Angry Birds, see if its glitchy and force pauses... some Motorola units will do this but it hasn't been ruled out to be software itself.
Check for basic glitches...use Bluetooth, Wifi..etc make sure everything works.
Your 14 days will go fast..

Why on earth would you want 2 programs running that eat up your battery monitoring your battery usage? Please be my guest and explain your logic here? Is there some flaw with the battery information the Razr has preinstalled?

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
So I am getting mine tomorrow. What do I do to get all my apps transferred from my bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I am getting mine tomorrow. What do I do to get all my apps transferred from my bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SallyC told me to use My Backup Pro I have not downloaded it yet but plan to today. You can then make a back up and go from there.

Mule65

Reaction score
Check to see if yours is one of the duds. After being activated and running with latest OTA update .173 Check the standby run time. You'll be fooling around with the phone a ton at first. Download Badass Battery Monitor and check the percentage # when you go to bed, set Manage Apps to all things being set to auto kill after 2 minutes, use Task Manager to kill things. Then sleep. Wake up, compare the number its currently at to what it was when you went to bed. If its dropped more than 10 up to 40-50 then somethings draining the battery like it did on some of my androids. Open Badass Battery Monitor hit settings button then App Sucker and see whats draining. It won't always be obvious whats draining, why I had to send mine back. Between Verizon Location Agent, Social Location, various System apps, Weather, News...etc. You can't control them, they'll run on their own and drain.
Download Angry Birds, see if its glitchy and force pauses... some Motorola units will do this but it hasn't been ruled out to be software itself.
Check for basic glitches...use Bluetooth, Wifi..etc make sure everything works.
Your 14 days will go fast..

Using a task manager to kill apps every two minutes is bad advice.