What Texting app can I use that w/ DISPLAY MY TEXTS CONTENTS AUTOMATICALLY? Droid 2.2

w27bill

Reaction score
WhichTexting app can I use that w/ DISPLAY MY TEXT MESSAGES AUTOMATICALLY HANDS FREE? Moto Droid 2.2.2:motdroidvert:

Up until about 2 wks ago, I ALWAYS had my incoming texts AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYED FOR ME TO READ THE MESSAGE.:icon_ banana:
Now, it's stopped doing that:frown:. Sometimes I don't even get a notification or ringtone that I've got a new text (let alone automatically opening up the message to be displayed so I can read the contents)
I've had "HANDCENT SMS" all along, but I uninstalled that app, thought maybe it was a problem w/ its latest update.
So I've just been using the "stock" Messaging app that (if i recall correctly) came already installed on the phone.
Soooooooo........................ Can anybody offer any advice, suggestions as to HOW CAN I GET MY INCOMING TEXT MESSAGES TO AUTOMATICALLY POP UP FOR ME TO READ THE MESSAGE - HANDS FREE??

THANK YOU MUCHO IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER!:)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry ur having issues. But in ur SMS settings, u have "notifications" box, checked? And did u try to reinstall hand cent and it was a no go? Are u running a certain ROM?

OP
w27bill

w27bill

Reaction score
FIXED!!!!
I UN-installed, then RE-installed HandCent, and my incoming texts have since been AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYED like the were before:icon_ banana:!!