What phones are due up soon? G3 delimma...

Reaction score
Howdy folks, been a long while since I have posted here. Getting ready to ditch my iPhone4 and head to android and wanted to get your thoughts. I recently purchased a Samsung G3 for my wife and it looks to be a great phone with some cool features, but I have noticed they are coming way down in price for the holiday and am hesitant to purchase one if another phone is right around the corner for release. Verizon has offered to buy my iPhone back at a reasonable price, so I may just pull the trigger on a G3 soon...

Is there anything due for release in the next month or so that would kick the G3's butt?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The s3 has more than enough hardware power to keep up with the next generation of phones. Just recently the Droid DNA came out and I've heard the s3 can keep up with it easily.

In my opinion, I think hardware has sort of plateaued for now. I mean, quadcore was talked about months ago and it still has yet to really make it out on some phones in the US, specifically. So for now, I think it's decided by the software and the UIs, and with JB making its way to the s3 soon (if not already), it will provide for a better and smoother experience.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Strong rumors of of the GS4 coming in April. It might at least debut. HTC is rumored at a coming quad core early next year. No release dates yet on Verizon. Having two GS3 phones is great. It's very easy to share large files via Wifi direct.