What phone did you have previously before the Bionic?

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Droid 1 - day after Thanksgiving '09
Droid X - 3/11
Droid Bionic - 9/8/11

Original Droid was purchased new. Droid X bought used off ebay. Picked up Bionic bundle at Costco. Never rooted, no issues with any of the devices.............knock on some serious wood.

haimez

Reaction score
Coming from the RIM family here. Previous smartphone was a Bold 9650.

scdown

Reaction score
Rooted OG Droid on CM 7.

Rooted Bionic as soon as unroot was available, froze out bloatware with Ti Pro (since there's no SBF yet).

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
2008 - BB Storm (Hated it!)
2009 - D1 (Original Droid) (Too big. Gave it to my wife.)
2010 - DInc (HTC Incredible) (Loved it. Had it rooted and it worked great.)
2011 - Samsung Charge (OMG what a piece of crap. Worse than BB Storm! Bought in June to get 4G locked in. Currently trying to sell on Ebay.)

Bionic

Reaction score
BB 857
BB 7200
BB 7700
BB 8700
Moto Q9m
HTC Touch Pro 2
Moto DROID OG
Moto DROID Bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been with vzw since 1998. First phone was a Motorola starTac. Bunch of flip phones, lots of blackberries(before they had color screens) and so forth.

You have sparked my curiosity because I never really kept up with what my old phones were, but I think from memory and some Google searches I have figured out my history of cell phones (on any carrier) just for giggles:

Nokia 5110 ~ 2000
upgraded to Nokia 6360 ~ 2002
upgraded to Moto V600 ~ 2003
upgraded to Moto Razr Blk ~2004
insurance claimed to Moto Razr Slvr ~2005
upgraded to HTC 8125 ~2005
insurance claimed to HTC Tilt ~2007
upgraded to Droid 1 - November 2009
upgraded to Bionic OR Prime???

Last edited:

GBH2

Reaction score
You have sparked my curiosity because I never really kept up with what my old phones were, but I think from memory and some Google searches I have figured out my history of cell phones (on any carrier) just for giggles:

Nokia 5110 ~ 2000
upgraded to Nokia 6360 ~ 2002
upgraded to Moto V600 ~ 2003
upgraded to Moto Razr Blk ~2004
insurance claimed to Moto Razr Slvr ~2005
upgraded to HTC 8125 ~2005
insurance claimed to HTC Tilt ~2007
upgraded to Droid 1 - November 2009
upgraded to Bionic OR Prime???

Cool. I/ll have to put together a list some time.

My first Mobile phone: Panasonic

View attachment 40195

It was $1 per minute for calls - there weren't any "calling plans" or "free minutes". :)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. I/ll have to put together a list some time.

My first Mobile phone: Panasonic

View attachment 40195

It was $1 per minute for calls - there weren't any "calling plans" or "free minutes". :)

That Nokia 5110 was what I got when I first start driving, no need for a cell phone before that (I don't even know why kids need cell phones before they are 16, but that is for a different discussion). I'm pretty sure my dad had a Moto Bag-phone at one point, followed by the classic brick phone (I would love to find the box that it is buried in and swap some new hardware into it and make it somewhat functional again) and I think my mom had this moto clam-shell at the same time... I'll have to ask them what their rates were at the time.

deek

Reaction score
Nokia Flip-phone (not sure on the model, VX something?)
LG Dare
Moto Droid X
Currently: Moto Droid Bionic

I was a VZN customer in previous years and recall having a moto razor flip phone and also a kyocera color screen at one point.
I used to be a bigger Nokia fan for awhile...

monkey_man

Reaction score
I couldn't remember what my phones are since 2001 ;( the lists may be looong.... but here are few that I can remember.
Motorola silver flip phone with huge camera on its left side
Motorola W385
Samsung Intensity
BB Storm (once I was able to upgrade, I brought a hammer and destroyed this phone) that's how much I loathe this phone
OG Droid ( so happy, the best phone)
Droid 2 Global ( ok and more hotter compare to OG Droid with a bad battery life)
Droid Bionic ( which reminds me of the good old day of my OG Droid)

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
My first contract was with Bell Atlantic Mobile in @1994 for anyone wondering, *226 spells (B)ell (A)tlantic (M)obile). Most recently, BB8300>BB Storm>BB Storm2>Droid Pro>Droid Bionic. Come to think of it, this is the first non-quad band phone (GSM/CDMA) I've had in a very long time. For sure the Droid Pro needs to be kept for international travel.

Spydaz

Reaction score
I've got you all beat!

Sky Pager-StarTAC 10th Anniversary-Numerous Nextels-Numerous Palm Treos-Numerous Blackberries-G1-iPhone-Blackberry Curve-iPhone 3-Blackberry Bold-iPhone 3Gs-Blackberry Tour-iPhone 3Gs-Blackberry Storm (X5)-Blackberry Tour-Droid-Blackberry Storm 2-Droid-Droid 2-Blackberry Bold VZW-Droid incredible-Samsung Fascinate-iPhone 4 32g VZW-Thunderbolt-iPhone 4 White 32g-Blackberry Bold 9930 (Best BB ever)-Droid 3-DROID BIONIC-????

HAHAHAHA!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited: