Change a logo.
overclock.
themes

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
mrtubz69

mrtubz69

Reaction score
What do I use for overclock? Set cpu will only go to 1.2 and that's stock also what themes are u talking bout

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think the d2g is overclock ready yet. You could however underclock to save batt.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
mrtubz69

mrtubz69

Reaction score
Alright thanks, I got extended batter so all good Haha.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You could always buy titanium backup and use it to freeze all that bloatware. Also you could grab a screen shot app.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Hashi

Reaction score
Cleaning out blur:

After rooting and knowing I disliked the blur stuff, I used Terminal Emulator to get rid of these things:

/data/data/*blur*, by moving them all to a ./save directory I made.

I made a full cw backup first, then:

1) su ; cd /data/data ; ls *blur*
2) look at the output
3) mkdir ./save
4) mv *blur* ./save/

To check your work, you can also do ps | grep blur and make sure there are few or no *blur* processes running. By the way, I can't find a 'nix pipe key, so for that one key I used the soft keyboard. Anyone find it on the D2G yet?

Also, just to make life easier, I put a copy of bash into /system/xbin, and chmod 0755, then went back to /system (mounted ro). Having up arrow and tab-completion is a great help.

From Titanium, as noted by a few before, I froze all the 'blurry' apps, did a test reboot, checked the functionality of the things I cared about, and all was well. I couldn't' understand why I'd care about the data manager which doesn't exist in a plain-Jane Google version, so I also froze that. Now that does result in 2 things: One is less battery usage that is noticeable, and the other is an occasional error in the market while it figures out how it's supposed to work without the data manager. It works 90% of the time on the first try.

I also down-clocked the CPU to 1GHz because I can't tell any difference, and the battery lasts longer (say a day because it's new to me and I keep using it ;))

Used setcpu to create some profiles for <50% battery, 600Mhz.

I figured most of the speed increase of the droid 2 came from the 528M of DRAM anyway.

That's about all I'm willing to take a chance on without the SBF showing up from another dimension.

Oh yeah :: I moved over 'scriptybox' from sapphire for droid 1, chmod'd it and mostly it worked fine. Very handy script util. Also: busybox isn't quite as easy to use unless you mount /system read-only, then go to it's directory (/system/xbin) and do "./busybox --install .", which creates softlinks of all the utils you see like find, grep, etc, when you just type in busybox. From then on they all work from the cmd line or adb.

Wireless tether (the googlecode version) was used in a remote spot for the last 2 days and had no problems. Strange but I think the speed using a laptop client with remote tether is better than using the phone.

hashi

cgull

Reaction score
Yeah make sure to freeze not delete or uninstall system apps.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
mrtubz69

mrtubz69

Reaction score
How do u freeze em

OP
mrtubz69

mrtubz69

Reaction score
Nvm figured it out