Undervolting/overclocking apps

wirecutter

Reaction score
Reading the forums, there seems to be 3 main alps for overclocking/underclocking: SetCPU, Jrummy16's Droid X/2 overclock and Unstable App's DX/2 Overclock.

Wonder which ones are working with the D2G? SetCPU seems to work from some other postings, but what about the other two?

I'm mostly interested in extending battery time with underclocking and undervolting. Which app is the best for that purpose?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

pbarch1

Reaction score
I have tried all three, Setcpu is the one you want. You can slow down the cpu I've seen about a 30 % increase in battery life
The other two don't seem to work on the global

OP
W

wirecutter

Reaction score
Thanks. I did install SetCPU last night. Too ealry to tell how its going.
Are you using profiles?
I think the unstable alps overclock is the only one that supports undervolting? It would be nice to give that a try.

pbarch1

Reaction score
Yes profiles seem to be the way to .

atwong66

Reaction score
I have tried Jrummy16's Droid X/2 overclock. It doesn't work. It cannot even load.

pandabear

Reaction score
I have tried Jrummy16's Droid X/2 overclock. It doesn't work. It cannot even load.

I emailed Jrummy about it back when I had my droid 2 global. He said he'd take a look at it, sent him my logcat, but haven't heard any news from him for over a week. Maybe it'l be incorporated in a future version?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
He has been pushing updates for all his stuff for the last few weeks. May have gotten tied up between it all. There was a small kernel issue on the normal d2, so that may be why it hasn't gotten to d2g yet...using an older setup.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App