Overclocking and Underclocking

NeekNastE

Reaction score
Hey i JUST rooted my phone and i wanted to get an app that could allow me to overclock but also let me underclock. From what I'm seeing the best 2 apps to choose from are Set CPU and Android Overclock by Jrummy16. Can someone help me out?

P.S. If there is anything else you know that can help me and my newly rooted phone feel free to let me know.

THANKS!

OP
N

NeekNastE

Reaction score
Is that better than both in your opinion ? What are the features?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used Droid Overclock, SetCPU and QuickClock. The cool thing about QuickClock is it automatically tests your phone for the lowest VSEL and the highest clock speed- that are stable. Its awesome.

Droid Overclock has a bunch of cool features like ad blocking.

SSX v2.0

OP
N

NeekNastE

Reaction score
That sounds good! I'm trying to make my choice. Oh! and do i have to have a custom ROM for overclocking/underclocking to work?

Patgt500

Reaction score
No, you can over/underclock with the stock rom

Sent from my D2G

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That sounds good! I'm trying to make my choice. Oh! and do i have to have a custom ROM for overclocking/underclocking to work?

Check your pm box. I'll send you something

CM74D2 (I can't put this thing down!)

OP
N

NeekNastE

Reaction score
Okay maybe I'm doing something wrong but when i try to calibrate my phone with QuickClock it just keeps going into the negatives and takes forever. It got to like -502 and i stopped it. And i also noticed that other people were test at 300 MHz and mine was testing at 600MHz so I don't know what's going on.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is strange. Go to module and make sure it's loaded. Then hit calibration. It should start at like 25 vsel and go down by one until the phone crashes (mines at 11). Then it should reboot. After the bootup process, it should find the max speed, starting around 1100mhz and going up until the phone "turtles" or lags. That's it. Then it will settle up profiles for you (battery saver, balanced etc..) you can also reduce the stability buffer to 13

CM74D2-2.3.5

OP
N

NeekNastE

Reaction score
That is strange. Go to module and make sure it's loaded. Then hit calibration. It should start at like 25 vsel and go down by one until the phone crashes (mines at 11). Then it should reboot. After the bootup process, it should find the max speed, starting around 1100mhz and going up until the phone "turtles" or lags. That's it. Then it will settle up profiles for you (battery saver, balanced etc..) you can also reduce the stability buffer to 13

CM74D2-2.3.5

Yeah i don't know what the heck is going on. It says the Module is loaded and i hit calibrate but it starts at 50 vsel and 600mhz . So i know from the start something is wrong now.

OP
N

NeekNastE

Reaction score
Okay Nevermind i got it now! I must have done something wrong when i first installed it. I just uninstalled it the reinstalled it and its normal now

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Okay maybe I'm doing something wrong but when i try to calibrate my phone with QuickClock it just keeps going into the negatives and takes forever. It got to like -502 and i stopped it. And i also noticed that other people were test at 300 MHz and mine was testing at 600MHz so I don't know what's going on.

mine is doing the same thing
deleted, reinstalled still the same
not sure what to try

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Working now changed battery manager from maximum battery saver to performance mode and was in airplane mode
Not sure airplane mode mattered

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

w4ymt

Reaction score
Working now changed battery manager from maximum battery saver to performance mode and was in airplane mode
Not sure airplane mode mattered

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I switched battery profile back to performance mode and it still runs into negative vsel when calibrating. It just wont work on my phone (Milestone X)