What Launcher to use with Liberty? Or which do you use?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I own both paid versions of LPP and ADW and since EX's release been using it... just switches back to LPP and there's no question about it... LPP runs quicker and smoother but lacks the horizontal app drawer I've grown to like... both are great though... ads a bit easier to customize though...

When you say lpp is quicker is that before you go into their settings and increase their scrolling speeds to the fastest settings? The reason I ask is that for me there is no comparison on how much quicker adw ex is compared to lpp.

They are both great programs but my preference is now adw ex.

420Man

Reaction score
Go Launcher Ex - free and does everything I need. Can't wait for the widgets.

Tyler13

Reaction score
I bought both ADWEX and LPP. There are pros and cons to both launchers.

Things I love about ADWEX: Wall transition animations, theming (much quicker and easier then changing each icon manually on LPP), Horizontal scrolling dock, gesture actions anywhere on the screen rather then just on the dock icons, the ability to easily edit location of the home screens.

Things I love about LPP: WIDGETS(for this reason alone I stick with LPP), Speed, Dock and Icon customization options (though it takes me longer to get my homescreens, icons, and dock looking the way I want, I like having more control and get my phone looking just how I want.) I also love Signals23 custom LPP themes!

Though ADWEX has some great features and I'm sure I'll switch back to it at some point, I just can't live without the great widgets LPP provides. I am currently on the amazing Liberty Rom, with the Frost theme, running a custom theme version of LPP with icons from Manup's Simple Word, and dock The Punisher dock icons. Loving my phone!

Man how great of a launcher would we have if we could combine features of both these amazing home replacement apps?
i know this was over a long time ago, but what is that weather widget in the first picture?

KidCuda

Reaction score
LPP since it came out never have had problems that have made me want to switch launchers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brkshr

Reaction score
I like the LPP widgets the best, but it does seem to lag and fc sometimes. I used to use ADW EX, and it worked great. I'm just not big on having to piece together the widgets. Thinking about trying GO Launcher EX. Does anyone have any input on GO Launcher?

edit: I really like the new GingerBlur launcher, but it's not available on Liberty ROM.

Last edited:

yoyoche

Reaction score
Lpp

I have tried alot of the others, but I just keep going back to LPP. Since the last update it has been rock solid for me. I am also waiting anxiously for the new rewrite. I gotta believe it will Rock Solid. :motdroidhoriz: