What Kernel

DroidNoobUser

Reaction score
I have tried to install and load with the bekit kernel, and my Droid keeps getting stuck on the big M.

What is a good kernel to go with for setcpu and overclocking?

stlcity

Reaction score
I have tried to install and load with the bekit kernel, and my Droid keeps getting stuck on the big M.

What is a good kernel to go with for setcpu and overclocking?

I use the Chevy LV 1250 kernel from Rom Manager...it works well with RC2. Good luck.

clk55r1d3h

Reaction score
Chevy should be good, I'm using lv1200 kernel...no problems what so ever.

kennydied23

Reaction score
If you are running froyo, I'd say run p3's, chevy's, jdlfg's or sapphire kernels. You should click the link in my sig to view all of the froyo kernels and try them out for yourself to see what works best for you. Hell, maybe you want to try to overclock to the extreme 1.4ghz? :icon_eek:

OP
D

DroidNoobUser

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, I am running with Chevy's 1.1 LV. Working great so far!

AutoCANE

Reaction score
You guys seriously have Chevy's kernels working? I have tried EVERY other Froyo kernel I can find and I can't get a boot with any of them.

The only kernels that seem to work for me are jdlfg's CM-specific ones, but I'd like to see a bit better battery life.

Sitruss

Reaction score
I've got ChevyNo1's 1250 ULV running smoothly. I guess it will vary per user.

AutoCANE

Reaction score
Yeah, every droid is definitely different. Personally, I had no problem clocking up to 1.2LV w/ Chevy's Froyo kernels on Kangerade, although 1.0SV seemed to be the most responsive and stable...now running CM RC2, the only ones that get past the white circle "M" are jdlfg's, up to 1.2. The 1.2 is snappy as all get out, but my battery life is a little less than I like.

I thought I remembered reading that CM's ROMs have a different boot.img or something along those lines and not every Froyo kernel would work, but then I come on the forums and I see that you guys are rocking the Chevy kernels with no problems.

Man, its frustrating. I guess I'll have to keep experimenting or flash to a different ROM - although CM is by far my favorite with all of its tweaks and I would rather optimize it than flash to something different.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Just my .02, Battery life is critical for me, Ive been running chevy's lowV .08ghz kernel with no problems what so ever, heat never problem & battery life good.

AutoCANE

Reaction score
Update - I tried Chevy's new Froyo kernels w/ OMAP sensor enabled...and they work! Not only that, but I can use the ULV kernels which never booted for me before on any ROM!

I am much happier...CMRC2 is an incredible ROM and now I have much better battery life!