What is with the bad quality of web browser video

blue45

Reaction score
Hey there. I got my droid yesterday. I used the regular browser at first and tried going to the mobile website of espn and clicking on the video link. It loaded up the video and it came very pixelated. Then I installed skyfire last night, that works ok, but videos are still a little pixelated especially compared to the droid. And now I cant even get the old video browser to work at all. Which i find very annoying. Even if I uninstall everything it will not work. It just says can't load video in the other browser not skyfire. We need to get the video program that ran on the droid on the incredible. I am absolutely sure that it is not the actual hardware as I can load a video from my phone with absolute crystal clear quality. Its just the web htc streaming video that is crappy and the skyfire video player is just alright. But thats still in beta.

snappingfish

Reaction score
just a thought

Hey there. I got my droid yesterday. I used the regular browser at first and tried going to the mobile website of espn and clicking on the video link. It loaded up the video and it came very pixelated. Then I installed skyfire last night, that works ok, but videos are still a little pixelated especially compared to the droid. And now I cant even get the old video browser to work at all. Which i find very annoying. Even if I uninstall everything it will not work. It just says can't load video in the other browser not skyfire. We need to get the video program that ran on the droid on the incredible. I am absolutely sure that it is not the actual hardware as I can load a video from my phone with absolute crystal clear quality. Its just the web htc streaming video that is crappy and the skyfire video player is just alright. But thats still in beta.

Have you tried xScope browser? Gary, the dev, is constantly available, is great at hearing a suggestion, and zing-its in the next update. I'm not sure about the difference in vid, but you can look at it and see if it's whatt you like. Read HERE!

fish

bcrigler

Reaction score
I have had perfect quality flash video... skyfire blows. Default incredible browsers flash lite 4.0 works great for me.

robdroid

Reaction score

Be patient, When i was researching this fine phone it was speaking of having Flash so we can enjoy videos especially YouTube. As I understand it this was a quick release kinda a Flash lite and upgrades are to be out soon!

Lexamus Prime

Reaction score
One thing I've just noticed is that I can't get video from mobile ESPN or CNN if im on a wireless network. The video plays fine ("fine") on 3g but tells me that it can't connect to the network when on WiFi. Everything else works fine on WiFi though (browsing, updating and the like)