What is the Package Access Helper??

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I have searched high and low to no avail. I know there are others having issues with the "PAH" using a lot of CPU but nobody seems to have any explanation of what is going on. It is tripping Watchdog every few minutes. The problem comes and goes....no rhyme or reason to why it does this. When it does go haywire the battery sinks FAST.

Any ideas??? Thanks!

Package Access Helper is the common name of package com.android.defcontainer, and is provided by the APK DefaultContainerService.apk. It is used in installing (and possibly uninstalling) other packages. I don't know why it would have high battery usage unless an install did not complete correctly and left the process running. Have you tried a battery pull reset?

Package Access Helper is the common name of package com.android.defcontainer, and is provided by the APK DefaultContainerService.apk. It is used in installing (and possibly uninstalling) other packages. I don't know why it would have high battery usage unless an install did not complete correctly and left the process running. Have you tried a battery pull reset?

Thanks Ace! Likely you are right about an install/update gone bad as it seems to occur after I have a number of updates. It isn't one app in particular. Seems that it sort of "fixes itself" after a few hours. Without watchdog I wouldn't even catch it as during the day if I'm at my desk I have my phone plugged in.

This and Android Media Process seem to be the biggest offenders. It's hard to diagnose the problem as these apps support other ones that are likely the ultimate culprit. Oh well, usually it remedies itself given time. Cheers!

Back