What is the new update?

kdw11005

Reaction score
My husband has a Razr HD (I have the Razr Maxx) and he said yesterday he got a system update (which surprised me since he's already running jelly bean). Updated it to system version 9.1.41.xt926. Does anyone know what this is? He said it changed some of the icons and color schemes with that update.

krazyace38

Reaction score
It's Jelly Bean :)
Edit: He couldn't have already been on jelly bean unless he installed the leaked version 9.1.39 but could not be updated ota to the 9.1.41 he would have to fastboot back to stock ics before taking the ota

KaChow

Reaction score
My husband has a Razr HD (I have the Razr Maxx) and he said yesterday he got a system update (which surprised me since he's already running jelly bean). Updated it to system version 9.1.41.xt926. Does anyone know what this is? He said it changed some of the icons and color schemes with that update.

It's possible that he received system update, which seems out-of-order considering he has JB already. But, the 9.1.41.xt926 is the current running edition of JB.

Screenshot_2013-01-29-11-12-17[1].png

ambrown

Reaction score
There are also "software updates" that happen from time to time. These typically come from the manufacturer and carrier to fix bugs and handle issues that can't wait for a new version of Android. I used to get these a lot on my Droid Incredible and they seemed to generally help fix the issues I had. Software updates aren't OS updates in the sense of being a new version of Android, more just patches to make the current version run better on your hardware. That is assuming he already had JB installed via a previous update. The trick is looking at the details of the update, often the update will also have a message saying, "go to this website for more details" and list a verizon site. On that site they will tell you the update version, what it's supposed to fix, and other such things.

In this particular case it looks like it's the "system version" which is the same as the "software version" I saw on my HTC phone, and it's likely some quick fixes to make JB run better on the Razr. If you look in the settings under the Android version you'll see that it hasn't changed, and only the "system version" has. That's Motorola issuing a patch.

snowman

Reaction score
I got a very small update about 3/4 of a meg then I got the big monterous JB update last week a day apart