What is the Best Droid Case, BodyGlove or Seidio

dishnu

Reaction score
I have read Reviews on the BodyGlove and Seidio Cases for the Droid and was wondering what everyone's Views on the Best case of the Two and why?

orangepeel

Reaction score
Seidio...haven't received my Otterbox yet,but I'm betting it's know better than the Seidio except it had plugs for a micro USB,and the head phone jack,

If Otterbox where to build the Defender Series for the Droid,hands down it would be the best.IMO

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Had Bodyglove but removing it so many times I broke most of the areas where it clamped on so now it just falls off. I ordered an Otterbox last week, which should arrive tomorrow. Hoping it is not as bulky as the bodyglove.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Shopping around for a replacement to the Body Glove now... it has a great rubberized texture, but the blasted clips that hold it on ended up cracking after just having the thing for two weeks and removing the case twice. Mine still attached OK, but just doesn't seem to be sturdy enough. If removing the case damages it, what kind of protection would it actually provide in a real drop?

I'm leaning toward the Otterbox myself, but of your two options, I would have to go with Seidio simply by process of elimination.

Reaction score
My otterbox is "out for delivery" so I'll try to come back later today and offer an opinion. Right now I have the Seidio and have been impressed so far. Tight fit, hasn't fallen off or anything. Like the texture. Wish it had plug covers and a little more protection which is why I ordered the otterbox, it has the extra silicone layer to cushion a little more.

But seidio does make accessories specifically to fit their case.

Booch_21

Reaction score
I've been using the Body Glove since I got the phone in January. The case is holding up well and has caused no issues with the phone. I also do not try to take it off for any reason. I use Dockrunner if I want to use it on the night stand and charging.

Reaction score
Well just got it so here's my opinion on the otterbox:

The tabs are not long enough. They barely grip the phone which makes it very easy to take on and off. Guess that could be good and bad. For me it's bad because I want it to be difficult to take off.

There's a lot of space between the slide and the bottom half with this case. Not necessarily bad, just something to be aware of.

The top half, that goes around the screen does NOT have the silicone layer in it like the bottom half.

Overall I really like the look of the case, but I think the Seidio fits tighter and more securely. I prefer the texture of the seidio. I prefer the plug covers on the otterbox, which makes the buttons much easier to push.

I'll use it for a few days, but I'm not selling my seidio yet. And to answer someone else's question, yes the otterbox renders the seidio multimedia and car docks useless. i'm not surprised by this though as seidio engineered the accessories for their cases, and they fit perfectly.

---Oh, and the seidio screen protector fits better. I laid the otterbox one on to it and it left just a little bit around the edges. I hadn't planned on using it because I like the feel of the seidio one, just did it to compare.

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I had the body glove and returned it because it was bulky and I did not like the belt clip. I now own the seidio and really like it. I ordered the desktop cradle and can use it without having to take the case off like the BG or Verizon cases.

The seidio case is much thinner but offers a good degree of protection and does not feel like a brick in my pocket when I carry that way.

insane_ai

Reaction score
My vote is for the seidio. In addition to dropping my phone four times onto concrete with nothing more than a scuff, it stays in place and does not interfere with functionality.

timmy

Reaction score
I sell phone accessories for my job (mainly protective cases/covers/shields), and I have one of our "standard" Droid shields on now. Tried the commuter series Otterbox, and it's almost identical in terms of dimensions, but it has the added protection of the silicone inner layer inside the plastic layer.

In my opinion Body Gloves are too bulky, and I have heard the problem with the clips breaking if you remove the shield multiple times.

I'd go Otterbox for sure. It's only about $10 more than a "normal" shield, and it's much more durable.