What is safe to delete?

poetics

Reaction score
Hi all this forum has been so helpful, thanks! I am successfully rooted and want to clean out the bloat. what pre installed services and apps are safe to remove?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

powell730

Reaction score
Hi all this forum has been so helpful, thanks! I am successfully rooted and want to clean out the bloat. what pre installed services and apps are safe to remove?

Just got done doing this myself. If you haven't done so already use clockworkmod to make a backup of your phone. Then you can delete some software if you chose to do so but it is suggested to just "freeze" it using Titaium Backup Pro Key. The link below is a good guide for the first steps after rooting, I followed that guide to a tee. All I have done so far is "freeze" some of the bloatware on my SF and it runs so much better with a lot more memory available at all times. I'm so glad I did this and its only been 45 minutes since I completed it! Looking at roms now :)

HOW TO:Root, Install Clockwork, Remove Bloatware, and more*updated 12/3/10* - xda-developers

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for freezing! It won't remove them but it will stop them from running!

Just got done doing this myself. If you haven't done so already use clockworkmod to make a backup of your phone. Then you can delete some software if you chose to do so but it is suggested to just "freeze" it using Titaium Backup Pro Key. The link below is a good guide for the first steps after rooting, I followed that guide to a tee. All I have done so far is "freeze" some of the bloatware on my SF and it runs so much better with a lot more memory available at all times. I'm so glad I did this and its only been 45 minutes since I completed it! Looking at roms now :)

HOW TO:Root, Install Clockwork, Remove Bloatware, and more*updated 12/3/10* - xda-developers

DroidForums junkie!!

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I have the DX2 and I have noticed that I was able to unistall the Golf 2 app and NFS Shift. I'm not rooted and I don't know why I can suddenly uninstall these files. I just want to know what I can safely delete on my X2 and not damage anything. Again, I am not rooted. Any explaination and/or help would be greatly appreciated!

Greg

Reaction score
The two game demos are not locked they can be removed on any phone because they are demos. That is all you can remove without being at root.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! On the DX I couldn't uninstall the preinstalled games, so I was surprised that I could with the DX2.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I moved from the DX2 to the D3 and am looking to know what I can safely freeze, now that the D3 is rooted. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I moved from the DX2 to the D3 and am looking to know what I can safely freeze, now that the D3 is rooted. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Wrong forum. This is the X2 forum, not the D3 one.